Legislative and Regulatory Update
March 2012 by Scott Harn• California suction dredging regulations
• Draft Coho recovery plan for Southern Oregon, Northern California
• More roadblocks to dredging in California
• Two Oregon Sheriffs challenge Forest Service authority
• Gold is money
Nevada’s attorney general for the first time is joining a rural county in a 15-year-old legal battle...
We're done watching as an unelected and unchecked bureaucracy, with rule-making authority, enforcement powers, and seemingly bottomless budgets abuses citizens at will.
• Oregon proposed withdrawal
• Conformation for some
• Congress canceling regulations
If we lose, the radical environmentalists have a roadmap to replicate their success everywhere.
- DOI to address threatened species
- 141 Confirmations still pending
- California withdrawals canceled
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts: Set up a small portable operation or send the ore to a custom mill? • Ask the Experts: Who manufactures the diagonal vibrating table? • Ask the Experts: Do "corners" need to be in place on the ground for a claim to be valid? • Ask the Experts: Tantalite in an African nation -- is it worth pursuing? • Following Clues to a Hidden Gold Deposit • How to Melt Your Own Gold • Judge Tosses Lawsuit Against Tucson-Area Mine • Salted Mining Properties—How to Properly Evaluate a Claim • Fine Gold Panning Without Using Mercury • Australia Produces World's Largest Gold Coin • Fells Flat Gold • Colorado Considers Gold & Silver Currency • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices