Legislative and Regulatory Update
December 2012 by Scott Harn• Increase in claim fees
• Impact of recent elections
• Current suction gold dredging status in California
• Parks in Southern California
• Judge refuses to grant preliminary injuction to end suction gold dredging moratorium in California
• Proposed listing of Yellow-legged frog and Yosemite Toad in northern California
• Republican bill would reopen Grand Canyon withdrawal
• Obama recommends additional fees and taxes on miners
Phone or email these Senators and politely express your thoughts and opinions on the pending legislation. (See Legislative and Regulatory Update for more information on the pending legislation.)
• US District Court rules against Oregon miners
• Bill to halt sage grouse management plans introduced.
Besides the EPA issue, our major priority is to work on the proposed amendment to the National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act (S 145), a bill proposed in the Senate by US Senator Dean Heller (R-Nevada).
• California dredging update
• Favorable bills in Congress
During discussions with other property rights advocates and members of the current administration, Karen Budd-Falen’s name was mentioned many times as a possible director for the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Prospecting for Gold at Green Valley • Extraction of Precious Metals Using Froth Flotation • Detecting Old Ground Sluice Locations • Mineral Deposit Trends: Real and Imaginary • Four Arrested for California Mining Museum Heist • Scams, Scammers and Schemes • Lawsuit Update From the New 49'ers • Constitutional Sheriffs Standing Up for Our Rights • What's Left Behind • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices