Legislative and Regulatory Update
December 2012 by Scott Harn• Increase in claim fees
• Impact of recent elections
• Current suction gold dredging status in California
• Parks in Southern California
• EPA investigated for environmental ties
• Hundreds of miners show up to rally at Oregon State Capitol
• DOI nominee would be bad for miners
Federal safety inspectors have ordered one of the nation’s deepest underground mines closed in northern Idaho following an investigation prompted by a series of accidents that killed two miners over the last year.
• US District Court rules against Oregon miners
• Bill to halt sage grouse management plans introduced.
• "Not a pollutant"
• Thank you Senator Sessions
• California suction dredging
• EPA uses secret email accounts
• Not so happy birthday
• Even more support for the PLP
As prospectors, we cannot just roll over and continue to ignore the shift in public land management from multiple use to national preserve.
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Prospecting for Gold at Green Valley • Extraction of Precious Metals Using Froth Flotation • Detecting Old Ground Sluice Locations • Mineral Deposit Trends: Real and Imaginary • Four Arrested for California Mining Museum Heist • Scams, Scammers and Schemes • Lawsuit Update From the New 49'ers • Constitutional Sheriffs Standing Up for Our Rights • What's Left Behind • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices