Legislative and Regulatory Update
December 2012 by Scott Harn• Increase in claim fees
• Impact of recent elections
• Current suction gold dredging status in California
• Parks in Southern California
We spent the morning in a meeting with one of the higher-ups at the US Forest Service. I presented him with 412 complaints received from our readers, along with a summary of the complaints to make his job easier.
- PLF sues over critical habitat
- Attorney General ends EPA slush fund
Nevada’s attorney general for the first time is joining a rural county in a 15-year-old legal battle...
• Pruitt out at EPA
• NDAA still under negotiation
• AMRA’s California mining bill fails to reach floor vote
We now have supporters who are well known and connected in Washington, DC, and who state they will assist us in bypassing lower level staffers and getting us face-to-face meetings with Senators.
- Property rights advocate in running for top BLM spot
- “Draining the swamp” at Interior
Those miners present immediately recognized the benefits of becoming members of MMAC and joined up on the spot. I spent some time answering a few questions, and then the miners took over.
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Prospecting for Gold at Green Valley • Extraction of Precious Metals Using Froth Flotation • Detecting Old Ground Sluice Locations • Mineral Deposit Trends: Real and Imaginary • Four Arrested for California Mining Museum Heist • Scams, Scammers and Schemes • Lawsuit Update From the New 49'ers • Constitutional Sheriffs Standing Up for Our Rights • What's Left Behind • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices