Legislative and Regulatory Update
December 2012 by Scott Harn• Increase in claim fees
• Impact of recent elections
• Current suction gold dredging status in California
• Parks in Southern California
Nevada’s attorney general for the first time is joining a rural county in a 15-year-old legal battle...
- EPA ends "sue and settle"
- Sage grouse mineral withdrawal cancelled
• Not so happy birthday
• Even more support for the PLP
• No Adventure Pass needed
• Supreme Court of Canada rules on aboriginal title claims
• No agreement reached in suction gold dredge permitting case
This article may not be as interesting as someone describing a big nugget find in Australia...but right now the biggest obstacle to mining is our government.
• Settlement hearings
• Fighting back
• Bills introduced to stop federal management of greater sage grouse
• WOTUS under review
• Congressional Review Act
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Prospecting for Gold at Green Valley • Extraction of Precious Metals Using Froth Flotation • Detecting Old Ground Sluice Locations • Mineral Deposit Trends: Real and Imaginary • Four Arrested for California Mining Museum Heist • Scams, Scammers and Schemes • Lawsuit Update From the New 49'ers • Constitutional Sheriffs Standing Up for Our Rights • What's Left Behind • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices