Legislative and Regulatory Update
December 2012 by Scott Harn• Increase in claim fees
• Impact of recent elections
• Current suction gold dredging status in California
• Parks in Southern California
Retired geologist Dave Taylor of Farmington, New Mexico, predicted the disaster in a letter published by the Silverton Standard a week before it occurred.
…what I’d like to focus on in this update is the assistance they provided to a suction gold dredger in Idaho being harassed by an environmental group.
• Show of support needed for anti-EPA bills
• Arizona mining data now online
• California suction dredge hearings
• Update on Forest Service abuse in Washington
• Settlement hearings
• Fighting back
• Big win by a California suction gold dredger
• Administration locks up another popular gold mining area
• BLM creates de facto wilderness without Congressional approval
There are a few questions you will need to ask yourself before you apply for a suction dredge permit from the State Water Resources Control Board.
Nevada’s attorney general for the first time is joining a rural county in a 15-year-old legal battle...
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Prospecting for Gold at Green Valley • Extraction of Precious Metals Using Froth Flotation • Detecting Old Ground Sluice Locations • Mineral Deposit Trends: Real and Imaginary • Four Arrested for California Mining Museum Heist • Scams, Scammers and Schemes • Lawsuit Update From the New 49'ers • Constitutional Sheriffs Standing Up for Our Rights • What's Left Behind • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices