Legislative and Regulatory Update
September 2011 by Scott Harn• Salazar pushes wilderness
• California Governor signs AB 120
• NEDC Surrenders in Oregon
• The California saga continues
• "Not a pollutant"
• Thank you Senator Sessions
• California suction dredging
• EPA uses secret email accounts
- PLF sues over critical habitat
- Attorney General ends EPA slush fund
One caller wondered why he should be required to join MMAC, asked why MMAC was not a non-profit, and compared it to some kind of extortion attempt. If he had questions like these, I assume there are others with similar questions and I will address them here.
• Show of support needed for anti-EPA bills
• Arizona mining data now online
• California suction dredge hearings
• Update on Forest Service abuse in Washington
• Backdoor Wild Lands order
• PLP reports on latest dredge lawsuit
• Massive lands bill avoided
• No cap and trade for now
• RS-2477 rights affirmed
Public Lands for the People is working on a Miner's Bill of Rights with the support of several members of Congress.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts - Could I stake out a 20-acre claim with a waterway running through it just as I would a lode claim? • Ask The Experts - Do I have any grandfathered rights that post FLPMA claim holders do not have? • Q&A With Detector Designer Dave Johnson • Dredging Tips From The Golden Rogue • Understanding and Prospecting Benches • Gold in the Slate Creek Basin • Deductions: Get 'Em While You Can • Endurance Is Golden • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices • The Preacher of Sheeps**t Flats