Emergency Dredging Closures in Washington State
September 2015 by Scott HarnThe Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) issued emergency rules without public comment just prior to our publication deadline.
• Court says ESA does not apply in some cases
• Comments needed for proposed critical habitat in several Western states
• EPA still trying to rewrite the Clean Water Act
• Enough already!
• Now is the time to act
The petition seeks specific changes to existing Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management regulations to restore the intent of Congress and federal preemption.
- EPA declines to impose additional regulations and financial requirements on hardrock miners
- “Baffling” ruling in suction gold dredging court case
Minerals and Mining Advisory Council (MMAC) founder Joe Martori met with Jim Scrivner, the Bureau of Land Management Deputy State Director of Energy and Minerals in Sacramento, California...
- Proposed budget for EPA
- California SB 1222
- 640 million acres and counting
- Gold and silver bullion
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Detecting Nuggets—Overcoming New Challenges • Modern Mining Reclamation • Retired Geologist Warned Public of Pending EPA Disaster • Piles of Gold • AMRA Takes On USFS in Idaho • Iron Ores and Iron Mining • Two Men Claim Discovery of Nazi Treasure Train • Melman on Gold & Silver • More Gold Recovered Off Florida Coast • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices