Emergency Dredging Closures in Washington State
September 2015 by Scott HarnThe Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) issued emergency rules without public comment just prior to our publication deadline.
• Some positives in spending bill
• Judge puts brakes on the EPA in Alaska
• Judge to rule in favor of suction gold dredgers
The ESA has become an unwieldy beast that was hijacked by government agencies run amok, and by extreme environmental groups who saw it as a way to lock up public lands and to generate income through exaggerated claims and continuous lawsuits.
• California suction dredging
• House shows support for public land use
• Comment deadlines approaching for frog listings and habitat
• EPA seeks more control
• Comments due in Washington
• California dredging moratorium
• PLF sues to delist polar bear
- WOTUS rule finalized
- Reminder on new claim fees
• Big win by a California suction gold dredger
• Administration locks up another popular gold mining area
• BLM creates de facto wilderness without Congressional approval
After many decades of closures, land-use restrictions, and over-regulation, miners and all other public land users may finally see some real relief due to the efforts of MMAC.
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Detecting Nuggets—Overcoming New Challenges • Modern Mining Reclamation • Retired Geologist Warned Public of Pending EPA Disaster • Piles of Gold • AMRA Takes On USFS in Idaho • Iron Ores and Iron Mining • Two Men Claim Discovery of Nazi Treasure Train • Melman on Gold & Silver • More Gold Recovered Off Florida Coast • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices