Mining Districts in Montana Get Organized
January 2017 by Scott HarnThose miners present immediately recognized the benefits of becoming members of MMAC and joined up on the spot. I spent some time answering a few questions, and then the miners took over.
Gold and jade are actually only minor mineral resources for the Northwestern Alaska region as a whole. Modern prospecting has focused more on base metal than precious metal resources.
• It's almost November
• Two federal land managers found guilty of contempt
• A chance to halt additional wilderness in Southern California
• Oregon mineral withdrawal
• A really good reason to get out and vote in Oregon
• BLM proposed budget asks for funds for mining restrictions
• Oregon bill 838
• California suction gold dredging update
• Idaho continues toward elimination of EPA suction dredging regulations
• EPA makes preemptive strike against Alaska mine
• Proposed Mines Act permit fees
• Bills introduced to stop federal management of greater sage grouse
• WOTUS under review
• Congressional Review Act
Because the old timers were so good at locating the better paying deposits—most of them along clay seams in this particular area—it makes good sense to try and locate these clay lines at old mining sites.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts: Could you expand on your previous blasting article? • Ask The Experts: Equipment to break up heavy clay • Ask The Experts: “Energy” coming from black sand? • Ask The Experts: Assay problem or recovery problem? • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Detecting Strategies for Heavily Forested Areas—Part II • The Winning Hand • Early Winter Detecting in the Sierras • Gangue Minerals - What Do They Tell Us? • Feds Deny Lease Renewals for Minnesota Mine • Obama Administration Moves to Block Mining Near Yellowstone • The Perfect Response • MMAC Update • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver
That First Nugget