January 2017 by Scott HarnWe will be bringing the first of several bills that were requested by Congress during a previous MMAC trip and presenting maps depicting all the MMAC-assisted Mining Districts.
• Sheriff withdraws Forest Service law enforcement authority
• More roadblocks to dredging in California
• Two Oregon Sheriffs challenge Forest Service authority
• Gold is money
The current administration is receptive; we believe the time is ripe to push for a return to reasonable regulations and to restore mining to a priority for public lands as long as some new crisis doesn’t take precedent.
• Our Federal Landlord
• One down, two to go
• Challenging timing windows in Washington State
• More roadblocks to mining
• US District Court rules against Oregon miners
• Bill to halt sage grouse management plans introduced.
- Bernhardt confirmed
- State of Montana to appeal Rock Creek decision
- Administration issues proposals to fix mining access and permitting
- Online “webinar” and request for comments for proposed Forest Service NEPA revisions
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts: Could you expand on your previous blasting article? • Ask The Experts: Equipment to break up heavy clay • Ask The Experts: “Energy” coming from black sand? • Ask The Experts: Assay problem or recovery problem? • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Detecting Strategies for Heavily Forested Areas—Part II • The Winning Hand • Early Winter Detecting in the Sierras • Gangue Minerals - What Do They Tell Us? • Mining Districts in Montana Get Organized • Feds Deny Lease Renewals for Minnesota Mine • Obama Administration Moves to Block Mining Near Yellowstone • The Perfect Response • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver
That First Nugget