January 2017 by Scott HarnWe will be bringing the first of several bills that were requested by Congress during a previous MMAC trip and presenting maps depicting all the MMAC-assisted Mining Districts.
• Anti-dredging bill SB 637 passes
Each separate Mining District is a federally recognized entity. There are huge advantages—picture yourself going to an oversight meeting where 2, 3, 4, or even more Mining District representatives have obtained voting positions on the board.
• Judge refuses to grant preliminary injuction to end suction gold dredging moratorium in California
• Proposed listing of Yellow-legged frog and Yosemite Toad in northern California
This ruling comes at an opportune time, just as suction dredge miners are dealing with new proposed regulations in several western states. Be sure to cite this case when you provide comments on the regulations!
- NEPA comments due
- Update on latest US Supreme Court suction gold dredging appeal
- Washington State tries to restrict suction gold dredging
• Obama’s parting shots
• California suction dredging
• Oregon follows California’s lead
• Lawsuit coming; bill introduced to stop mining in Washington State
• President Trump halts new federal regulations
It was a milestone day in the battle to maintain the rights of miners to dredge on federal mining claims in California.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts: Could you expand on your previous blasting article? • Ask The Experts: Equipment to break up heavy clay • Ask The Experts: “Energy” coming from black sand? • Ask The Experts: Assay problem or recovery problem? • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Detecting Strategies for Heavily Forested Areas—Part II • The Winning Hand • Early Winter Detecting in the Sierras • Gangue Minerals - What Do They Tell Us? • Mining Districts in Montana Get Organized • Feds Deny Lease Renewals for Minnesota Mine • Obama Administration Moves to Block Mining Near Yellowstone • The Perfect Response • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver
That First Nugget