Suction Dredging Battle Escalates
December 2014 by Scott Harn• State attorneys claim the Court of Appeals wrongly relied on South Dakota Mining Association v. Lawrence County regarding federal preemption...
The law is on our side, but we’ve seen some crazy rulings coming out of courtrooms lately. I believe Rinehart will win his case, but then we move on to the State Water Resources Control Board.
• Congress heading into summer recess
• Maintenance fees due!
Under the previous administration, the EPA declared the ditch was a federally-protected waterway, and Robertson needed a federal permit under the Clean Water Act.
• Forest Service to revisit 228 regulations
• WOTUS Executive Order suspended
Republicans and industry representatives have criticized the administration’s eleventh-hour actions to limit development and promised to seek their reversal once Obama leaves office.
• Idaho continues toward elimination of EPA suction dredging regulations
• EPA makes preemptive strike against Alaska mine
• Proposed Mines Act permit fees
• Hike in mining claim fees
• Hearing on suction gold dredging in California
• Interior wants mining reform
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Uncovering the Find of a Lifetime • Guinea Africa: Gold, Ebola, and a Monkey Barbecue • Finding Gold in Tailing Piles • Small-Scale Processing of Hard Rock Ores • 2014 Index - Annual Tables of Content • Why Did This Silver Mine Close? - Pt III • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices