Suction Dredging Battle Escalates
December 2014 by Scott Harn• State attorneys claim the Court of Appeals wrongly relied on South Dakota Mining Association v. Lawrence County regarding federal preemption...
Mining Districts are the private regulatory authority granted by Congress recognized to regulate the mineral lands held by the United States and for the disposal to citizens of the United States, by means of development and potentially perfected by patent.
We are in the planning stages for our next trip to DC. Clark and I are looking at returning after the mid-term elections, probably around the end of November or early December, to continue discussions with members of Congress…
• Bill to address Forest Service Travel Management restrictions
• Suction gold dredging challenge finally under way
• EPA nullification bill fails in Idaho
• Another bad bill
“We feel that we can clean up an area that has been abandoned after 100 years of mining,” Lyon said.
• EPA rule blocked
• NEDC Surrenders in Oregon
• The California saga continues
- EPA declines to impose additional regulations and financial requirements on hardrock miners
- “Baffling” ruling in suction gold dredging court case
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Uncovering the Find of a Lifetime • Guinea Africa: Gold, Ebola, and a Monkey Barbecue • Finding Gold in Tailing Piles • Small-Scale Processing of Hard Rock Ores • 2014 Index - Annual Tables of Content • Why Did This Silver Mine Close? - Pt III • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices