Suction Dredging Battle Escalates
December 2014 by Scott Harn• State attorneys claim the Court of Appeals wrongly relied on South Dakota Mining Association v. Lawrence County regarding federal preemption...
In other words, just like those that move next to an airport and then complain about the noise, Mr. Riskedahl deliberately went out of his way to “witness and document the effects of suction dredge mining,” and when he found some, he was annoyed by it!
• Additional access restrictions proposed in Arizona
• Oregon senators introduce bill to place state rivers and streams off-limits
• US Supreme Court declines to hear dredging controversy
• Why Senate Bill S3422 is bad for America
• Comment deadline extended for new California dredging regulations
• Judge refuses to grant preliminary injuction to end suction gold dredging moratorium in California
• Proposed listing of Yellow-legged frog and Yosemite Toad in northern California
If you do not have the time to read the entire document, I would suggest starting with the Executive Summary that begins on page 80.
On October 19, 2015, the Waldo and Galice Mining Districts (of SW Oregon), along with several Oregon mining organizations and individuals, filed a Complaint in the United States District Court in Medford…
• Comment deadlines approaching for frog listings and habitat
• EPA seeks more control
• Comments due in Washington
• California dredging moratorium
• PLF sues to delist polar bear
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Uncovering the Find of a Lifetime • Guinea Africa: Gold, Ebola, and a Monkey Barbecue • Finding Gold in Tailing Piles • Small-Scale Processing of Hard Rock Ores • 2014 Index - Annual Tables of Content • Why Did This Silver Mine Close? - Pt III • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices