Suction Dredging Battle Escalates
December 2014 by Scott Harn• State attorneys claim the Court of Appeals wrongly relied on South Dakota Mining Association v. Lawrence County regarding federal preemption...
• Refunds coming to Nevada claimholders
• More wilderness proposed
• Forest Service planning rule
• California suction dredgers had better prepare for battle
Somehow the Bureau of Land Management seems to have forgotten that they work for the people.
This ruling comes at an opportune time, just as suction dredge miners are dealing with new proposed regulations in several western states. Be sure to cite this case when you provide comments on the regulations!
• BLM claim fees rise
• Critical minerals bill
• Sage-grouse habitat
- Key appointment at BLM
- Current administration not waiting for Congress
- BLM relocating
- Kansas exempts bullion from sales tax
• Lawsuits galore
• Suction dredging saga continues
• HR 1937 to streamline permitting, remove obstacles to miners
• Sage-grouse debate continues
• More National Monuments
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Uncovering the Find of a Lifetime • Guinea Africa: Gold, Ebola, and a Monkey Barbecue • Finding Gold in Tailing Piles • Small-Scale Processing of Hard Rock Ores • 2014 Index - Annual Tables of Content • Why Did This Silver Mine Close? - Pt III • Get The Lead Out! • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices