Legislative and Regulatory Update
May 2018 by Scott Harn
- DOI to address threatened species
- 141 Confirmations still pending
- California withdrawals canceled
Manderfield’s ruling opens the way for Kennecott Eagle to begin blasting. The company has declined to say when it will start. A spokeswoman said drilling would begin “in the coming weeks".
Bottom line for you fellow miners: file your claims now in these areas or risk being forever locked out!
Nevada’s attorney general for the first time is joining a rural county in a 15-year-old legal battle...
• Critical minerals obtain national security status
• Idaho to take over EPA permitting
• Obama’s parting shots
• California suction dredging
• Oregon follows California’s lead
• Lawsuit coming; bill introduced to stop mining in Washington State
• President Trump halts new federal regulations
- November elections
- Anti-mining ballot initiative rejected in Montana
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - Is this a significant cobalt find? • Ask The Experts - Is this ICOG deposit commercially feasible to mine? • Ask The Experts - How to sell gold specimens • Our Readers Say • Putting Together A Small Free Gold Mill • Feds Sue California over Sales of Public Lands • What To Do When Gold Recovery and Assay Values Differ • Metal Detecting Old Hard Rock Mine Dumps • Because I Said So • Hecla Fights Bad Actor Label in Montana • The Miner’s Switchback • Prepping For A New Season of Gold Hunting • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
PLP and MMAC Update