Legislative and Regulatory Update
May 2018 by Scott Harn
- DOI to address threatened species
- 141 Confirmations still pending
- California withdrawals canceled
• "Not a pollutant"
• Thank you Senator Sessions
• California suction dredging
• EPA uses secret email accounts
• California suction dredging regulations
• Draft Coho recovery plan for Southern Oregon, Northern California
• No Adventure Pass needed
• Supreme Court of Canada rules on aboriginal title claims
• No agreement reached in suction gold dredge permitting case
The automatic discrimination and exclusion of man from nature, like his access and use of the land, presupposes man as a destructive force for change, absent a relative hard look at the natural forces of change. Setting aside lands for non-use does not encourage wise use symbiotic tenets, which man has traditionally formed in his coexistence with nature.
• EPA rule blocked
The $800 million project will provide 300 jobs during production. It will be the only US mine where nickel is the primary targeted mineral, with about 360 million pounds to be extracted.
Nevada’s attorney general for the first time is joining a rural county in a 15-year-old legal battle...
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - Is this a significant cobalt find? • Ask The Experts - Is this ICOG deposit commercially feasible to mine? • Ask The Experts - How to sell gold specimens • Our Readers Say • Putting Together A Small Free Gold Mill • Feds Sue California over Sales of Public Lands • What To Do When Gold Recovery and Assay Values Differ • Metal Detecting Old Hard Rock Mine Dumps • Because I Said So • Hecla Fights Bad Actor Label in Montana • The Miner’s Switchback • Prepping For A New Season of Gold Hunting • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
PLP and MMAC Update