Legislative and Regulatory Update
June 2018 by Scott Harn
• Judge orders reconsideration of “bi-state” sage grouse population in California and Nevada
• Environmental groups attempt to reinstate hard rock rule
Retired geologist Dave Taylor of Farmington, New Mexico, predicted the disaster in a letter published by the Silverton Standard a week before it occurred.
Fishing, camping and the protection of American Indian artifacts along a 30-mile section of the North Fork of the Clearwater River outweigh the desire of placer miners to search for gold, an attorney representing the US Forest Service said.
• Increase in claim fees
• Impact of recent elections
• Current suction gold dredging status in California
• Parks in Southern California
• Oregon dredging bill defeated
• California bill would exempt dredgers from permitting
• Possible ESA listing
• Washington State tries to impose more fees on miners
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - Are there different “ferro” products processed out of the ore? • Ask The Experts - How hot does a furnace need to be to get rid of sulphides? • Ask The Experts - Will this paystreak be downriver off the trailing edge of bedrock? • Putting Together A Small Free Gold Mill—Part II • Chasing Float Gold—The Starry Night Wash • 2018 National Mining Hall of Fame Inductees • A Test Grid Dredged for Gold Values • Michigan House Votes to Give Mining Operations More Flexibility • Mineral Exploration On The Rise • 18 Acquitted in Massive Brussels Diamond Heist • Captain Obvious Strikes Again • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices