Legislative and Regulatory Update
June 2018 by Scott Harn
• Judge orders reconsideration of “bi-state” sage grouse population in California and Nevada
• Environmental groups attempt to reinstate hard rock rule
Alaska Governor Sean Parnell has ordered an investigation of the recent raids, saying he will not tolerate a state agency's participation in the sort of conduct displayed.
Representative Paul Shepherd stopped by, and Idaho County Commissioner Jim Chmelik dove with one of the dredgers so he could see for himself that no harm was being done to fish or their habitat.
• Show of support needed for anti-EPA bills
• Arizona mining data now online
• California suction dredge hearings
• Update on Forest Service abuse in Washington
We have been playing defense for 100% of the game, and now we are finally playing some offense.
• Change is coming at Interior
• Interior Department seeking public comment regarding minerals
His small business managed to pump millions of dollars over the years into the California economy.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - Are there different “ferro” products processed out of the ore? • Ask The Experts - How hot does a furnace need to be to get rid of sulphides? • Ask The Experts - Will this paystreak be downriver off the trailing edge of bedrock? • Putting Together A Small Free Gold Mill—Part II • Chasing Float Gold—The Starry Night Wash • 2018 National Mining Hall of Fame Inductees • A Test Grid Dredged for Gold Values • Michigan House Votes to Give Mining Operations More Flexibility • Mineral Exploration On The Rise • 18 Acquitted in Massive Brussels Diamond Heist • Captain Obvious Strikes Again • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices