Legislative and Regulatory Update
November 2016 by Scott Harn• Oregon proposed withdrawal
They want to close our roads on public land (built by taxpayer funds) to keep us and our disabled veterans out. And it won’t stop with just mining.
• Backdoor Wild Lands order
• PLP reports on latest dredge lawsuit
• Massive lands bill avoided
• No cap and trade for now
• RS-2477 rights affirmed
- Reminder: Annual claim fees due September 1, 2017
- Update on California suction gold dredging
Within these districts, some of the roads and trails have been reopened for access, critical habitat designations have been scaled back, and a few Mining Districts were completely removed from proposed withdrawals.
• EPA rule blocked
• Hike in mining claim fees
• Hearing on suction gold dredging in California
• Interior wants mining reform
If you need more proof that having an organized Mining District can help you, look no further than the recently proposed Methow Headwaters Withdrawal in north-central Washington State.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Detecting: Small Creek Yields Good Gold • Ask The Experts: Is this BLM demand legitimate? • The Challenge of Winter Dredging • What Have You Got to Lose? • MMAC Update • How to Upgrade Your Pocket Plunger • Glaciers and Placer Gold Deposits • What's In A Name? • Oregon Miners Still Fighting • Greenhorn Finds Gold in Colorado • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver