Legislative and Regulatory Update
November 2016 by Scott Harn• Oregon proposed withdrawal
The settlement did not grant an immediate approval for the project, but it did begin to clear the way for the company to apply for federal permits—a path the Obama administration previously had thwarted.
• Congress heading into summer recess
• Maintenance fees due!
• More roadblocks to dredging in California
• Two Oregon Sheriffs challenge Forest Service authority
• Gold is money
- Administration issues proposals to fix mining access and permitting
- Online “webinar” and request for comments for proposed Forest Service NEPA revisions
Republican legislators say the funding is necessary to protect state interests...
• Backdoor Wild Lands order
• PLP reports on latest dredge lawsuit
• Massive lands bill avoided
• No cap and trade for now
• RS-2477 rights affirmed
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Detecting: Small Creek Yields Good Gold • Ask The Experts: Is this BLM demand legitimate? • The Challenge of Winter Dredging • What Have You Got to Lose? • MMAC Update • How to Upgrade Your Pocket Plunger • Glaciers and Placer Gold Deposits • What's In A Name? • Oregon Miners Still Fighting • Greenhorn Finds Gold in Colorado • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver