EPA Tries to Intimidate Alaskan Miners
October 2013 by Scott HarnAlaska Governor Sean Parnell has ordered an investigation of the recent raids, saying he will not tolerate a state agency's participation in the sort of conduct displayed.
- NEPA comments due
- Update on latest US Supreme Court suction gold dredging appeal
- Washington State tries to restrict suction gold dredging
- Proposed budget for EPA
- California SB 1222
- 640 million acres and counting
- Gold and silver bullion
Washington’s decision to bar new uranium mining near the Grand Canyon and other federal policies on energy and resource issues are barriers holding back Arizona and its residents from prosperity, Governor Jan Brewer told a congressional hearing March 16.
This article may not be as interesting as someone describing a big nugget find in Australia...but right now the biggest obstacle to mining is our government.
• Nevada miners get reprieve
• Georgia Senate race may set the stage for mining regulations
• New Executive Order on critical minerals
• Interior Department makes adjustments to LWCF
• Good news on EPA regs
• California rewards key appointment to dredging foe
• Republicans seek to block creation of National Monuments
• Zimbabwe threatens seizure of mining rights
The Bawl Mill • A Few Pointers About Cracks and Crevices • Hunting for Gold in the Quartzsite Area of Western Arizona • The Madonna Nugget • The Alaska Highway and Beyond • It's Hard to Find Gold! • Partner Withdraws from Pebble Project • Highbanking at the 144 • Potential Gold at Old Hydraulic Sites • California State Panning Championships—Foresthill, CA Heritage Celebration • Prospecting Tales: Forest Service, Fires and Bears—Oh My! • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices