EPA Tries to Intimidate Alaskan Miners
October 2013 by Scott HarnAlaska Governor Sean Parnell has ordered an investigation of the recent raids, saying he will not tolerate a state agency's participation in the sort of conduct displayed.
• Lawsuits galore
• Suction dredging saga continues
• HR 1937 to streamline permitting, remove obstacles to miners
• Sage-grouse debate continues
• More National Monuments
SB 765...would tax suction gold dredgers by charging a $50 annual fee for in-state dredgers and a whopping $2,500 fee for out-of-state dredgers for each county where the miner intends to dredge.
• Bills introduced to stop federal management of greater sage grouse
• WOTUS under review
• Congressional Review Act
• Nevada miners get reprieve
• Georgia Senate race may set the stage for mining regulations
• New Executive Order on critical minerals
• Interior Department makes adjustments to LWCF
• Idaho miners will challenge new EPA permit at rally
• California proposes to amend definition of a suction dredge
• Proposed rule redefines "navigable waters"
The Bawl Mill • A Few Pointers About Cracks and Crevices • Hunting for Gold in the Quartzsite Area of Western Arizona • The Madonna Nugget • The Alaska Highway and Beyond • It's Hard to Find Gold! • Partner Withdraws from Pebble Project • Highbanking at the 144 • Potential Gold at Old Hydraulic Sites • California State Panning Championships—Foresthill, CA Heritage Celebration • Prospecting Tales: Forest Service, Fires and Bears—Oh My! • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices