EPA Tries to Intimidate Alaskan Miners
October 2013 by Scott HarnAlaska Governor Sean Parnell has ordered an investigation of the recent raids, saying he will not tolerate a state agency's participation in the sort of conduct displayed.
• Judge refuses to grant preliminary injuction to end suction gold dredging moratorium in California
• Proposed listing of Yellow-legged frog and Yosemite Toad in northern California
Mining claimants who wish to retain their mining claims on Bureau of Land Management and Forest Service lands through the 2021 assessment year must pay a maintenance fee or file a maintenance fee waiver certificate on or before September 1…
• US District Court rules against Oregon miners
• Bill to halt sage grouse management plans introduced.
In every sense, this was a witch hunt with a preconceived agenda to heavily restrict or outright prohibit most small-scale mining in Oregon.
• Biden administration considers ban on new mining
• 30 x 30 Termination Act
One of the most asinine proposals in the SEIR is to require miners to state when and where they will be dredging. This information would be accessible to the public, which would make them prime candidates for getting their homes burglarized while they are out mining.
- Interior Department reigns in “sue and settle”
- Comments needed on Forest Service Part 228 regulations
The Bawl Mill • A Few Pointers About Cracks and Crevices • Hunting for Gold in the Quartzsite Area of Western Arizona • The Madonna Nugget • The Alaska Highway and Beyond • It's Hard to Find Gold! • Partner Withdraws from Pebble Project • Highbanking at the 144 • Potential Gold at Old Hydraulic Sites • California State Panning Championships—Foresthill, CA Heritage Celebration • Prospecting Tales: Forest Service, Fires and Bears—Oh My! • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices