Central Idaho Federal Employees Back to Work With Local Help
December 2016 by Associated PressThe fire started early October 4, destroying the Bureau of Land Management office on the edge of town within minutes.
• Show of support needed for anti-EPA bills
• Arizona mining data now online
• California suction dredge hearings
• Update on Forest Service abuse in Washington
• Comment deadlines approaching for frog listings and habitat
• EPA seeks more control
• Comments due in Washington
• California dredging moratorium
• PLF sues to delist polar bear
In every sense, this was a witch hunt with a preconceived agenda to heavily restrict or outright prohibit most small-scale mining in Oregon.
Since 2005, a group representing a handful of Oregon and Washington mining organizations, centered around the Eastern Oregon Mining Association (EOMA) and the Waldo Mining District (WMD), have been actively fighting the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) over their then new “700PM Suction Dredge Mining Permit.”
I’ve received quite a few inquiries from miners who are beginning to realize that traditional Mining Districts are powerful entities and they are looking to get their district organized if it’s in disarray.
• Sheriff withdraws Forest Service law enforcement authority
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask the Experts: What type of wetsuit do I need? • Prospector's Guide to Rock Breaking and Blasting • MMAC Update • Pros and Cons of Big Detector Coils • Prospecting and Mining Old Mine Sites • Detecting Strategies for Heavily Forested Areas • Mining Districts and Community Outreach • Alaskan Gold Adventure • Learning the Game and the Power to Change It • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver