Central Idaho Federal Employees Back to Work With Local Help
December 2016 by Associated PressThe fire started early October 4, destroying the Bureau of Land Management office on the edge of town within minutes.
Manderfield’s ruling opens the way for Kennecott Eagle to begin blasting. The company has declined to say when it will start. A spokeswoman said drilling would begin “in the coming weeks".
• Hike in mining claim fees
• Hearing on suction gold dredging in California
• Interior wants mining reform
Renewed interest in mining of gold, silver, copper and other metals in Aroostook County's Bald Mountain triggered 2012 legislation requiring the overhaul of the state's two-decade-old mining regulations.
• Some good news for a change
• New 49ers win Karuk appeal
• Another Oregon bill of concern
If you do not have the time to read the entire document, I would suggest starting with the Executive Summary that begins on page 80.
- NEPA comments due
- Update on latest US Supreme Court suction gold dredging appeal
- Washington State tries to restrict suction gold dredging
• Two million acres of proposed habitat
• Last chance for Nevada claim refunds
• California suction gold dredging update
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask the Experts: What type of wetsuit do I need? • Prospector's Guide to Rock Breaking and Blasting • MMAC Update • Pros and Cons of Big Detector Coils • Prospecting and Mining Old Mine Sites • Detecting Strategies for Heavily Forested Areas • Mining Districts and Community Outreach • Alaskan Gold Adventure • Learning the Game and the Power to Change It • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver