Legislative and Regulatory Update
April 2016 by Scott Harn• BLM proposed budget asks for funds for mining restrictions
• Oregon bill 838
• California suction gold dredging update
There are a few questions you will need to ask yourself before you apply for a suction dredge permit from the State Water Resources Control Board.
- House appropriations bills introduced
- Two Minnesota hardrock mining leases reinstated
- Equal Access to Justice Act
Please note that new mining claims filed on or after September 1, 2019, will be subject to the new fee schedule.
• Idaho maintains control
• Enough wilderness already
• Restraining the EPA
• Republicans on the attack
• DOI requests hard rock royalty
• New Forest Service plans
• Bill supporting small miners
• New mercury emission regs
• Latest info on California suction dredging
Public Lands for the People is working on a Miner's Bill of Rights with the support of several members of Congress.
After many decades of closures, land-use restrictions, and over-regulation, miners and all other public land users may finally see some real relief due to the efforts of MMAC.
“The evidence is clear—mineral deposits alone are not enough to attract precious commodity investment dollars...”
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Dry Washer, Wet System or Metal Detector? • Multiple Use Lands, Symbiotic Relations and Conflict Resolution • Enrichment of Mineral Deposits by Weathering—Part II • Vendors Announced for Gold Prospecting and Mining Summit • The Tombstone Silver-Lead District, Arizona • Sold: 87-Ounce Nugget • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices