Legislative and Regulatory Update
September 2015 by Scott Harn
• Idaho maintains control
• Enough wilderness already
• Restraining the EPA
• Republicans on the attack
• DOI requests hard rock royalty
• New Forest Service plans
• Bill supporting small miners
• New mercury emission regs
• Latest info on California suction dredging
We have been playing defense for 100% of the game, and now we are finally playing some offense.
- Comments needed regarding proposed NEPA improvements
- Efforts underway to fix the ESA
Rather than using the practice of government seizure of private property to promote economic development, the county is using it to preserve open space.
We have learned over the years, of course, that “previous development,” “roadless,” and “local support,” are in the mind of the beholder.
- Massive 660-page lands bill passed in the Senate
…what I’d like to focus on in this update is the assistance they provided to a suction gold dredger in Idaho being harassed by an environmental group.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Detecting Nuggets—Overcoming New Challenges • Modern Mining Reclamation • Retired Geologist Warned Public of Pending EPA Disaster • Piles of Gold • AMRA Takes On USFS in Idaho • Iron Ores and Iron Mining • Two Men Claim Discovery of Nazi Treasure Train • Melman on Gold & Silver • Emergency Dredging Closures in Washington State • More Gold Recovered Off Florida Coast • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices