Colorado Disputes Key Part of EPA Mine Report
December 2015 by Associated PressKing’s letter is a blow to the EPA’s contention that outside technical experts supported its plan to push a drainage pipe through debris covering the entrance to the Gold King Mine…
• Bill to address Forest Service Travel Management restrictions
• Suction gold dredging challenge finally under way
• EPA nullification bill fails in Idaho
• Another bad bill
• SB 637
• Public land users cry "fowl"
• Battle continues in Oregon
• Stop annexation in Southern California
• EPA ignores Supreme Court ruling with new Idaho permit
• Alaska sues Feds to restore access rights
• California dredgers await next big court date
Thomas Tierney has been a long-time subscriber to ICMJ’s Prospecting and Mining Journal and has read about the many battles between miners and overzealous regulators. Then he faced his own battle.
• US District Court rules against Oregon miners
• Bill to halt sage grouse management plans introduced.
First, the US Forest Service does not have any authority to enforce or administer any “claim jumping” laws, period.
• No Adventure Pass needed
• Supreme Court of Canada rules on aboriginal title claims
• No agreement reached in suction gold dredge permitting case
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts • SB 838 and the Salem Witch Hunt • Small-Scale Hard Rock Production • Researching Mineralized Areas • MMAC & PLP Update • VLF Detector Operating Modes • Using Geologic Maps • Canadian Company Recovers 1,111-Carat Diamond • Lost Sally's Gold • Time to File Claims in Southern California • Picking Our Way Through Bedrock • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver