Legislative and Regulatory Update
July 2011 by Scott Harn• Battle continues in the "Golden State"
• California Water Board needs your comments
Under the previous administration, the EPA declared the ditch was a federally-protected waterway, and Robertson needed a federal permit under the Clean Water Act.
• Comment period extended for frog habitat
• Tennessee permits for gold prospecting
• California dredging injunction and restraining order hearing
Washington’s decision to bar new uranium mining near the Grand Canyon and other federal policies on energy and resource issues are barriers holding back Arizona and its residents from prosperity, Governor Jan Brewer told a congressional hearing March 16.
• The good, the bad, and the ugly
• California and Oregon dredge permits
Alaska Governor Sean Parnell has ordered an investigation of the recent raids, saying he will not tolerate a state agency's participation in the sort of conduct displayed.
Met by jeers and cheers from more than 1,000 people, US Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) made another pitch to create three new national monuments in the deserts of southern California recently.
• Hearing date moved up for preliminary injunction for California suction dredging
• Anti-mining bills in Oregon lead to recall effort
The Bawl Mill • Can't We Just Do Something? • Ask The Experts—14-day camping limit • Explosives and Mining • Mother Lode Leaf Gold • Dredging The Outside Bend • A Good Start • WWII Vet & Prospector Still Going Strong • Nevada Gold Value Up Along With Production • 2011 National Mining Hall of Fame Inductees • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices