Legislative and Regulatory Update
July 2011 by Scott Harn• Battle continues in the "Golden State"
• California Water Board needs your comments
• Some good news for a change
• New 49ers win Karuk appeal
• Another Oregon bill of concern
During discussions with other property rights advocates and members of the current administration, Karen Budd-Falen’s name was mentioned many times as a possible director for the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).
“When dealing with federal agencies...”
• Hike in mining claim fees
• Hearing on suction gold dredging in California
• Interior wants mining reform
• Oregon passes SB 838
• Meanwhile, in California
• California suction dredgers had better prepare for battle
A two-pronged approach is necessary to restore suction dredging; federal preemption needs to be established as addressed above via petition; and clarification from the EPA is needed to establish that no Section 402 permit is necessary when there is no “addition” of a pollutant.
The Bawl Mill • Can't We Just Do Something? • Ask The Experts—14-day camping limit • Explosives and Mining • Mother Lode Leaf Gold • Dredging The Outside Bend • A Good Start • WWII Vet & Prospector Still Going Strong • Nevada Gold Value Up Along With Production • 2011 National Mining Hall of Fame Inductees • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices