Legislative and Regulatory Update
July 2011 by Scott Harn• Battle continues in the "Golden State"
• California Water Board needs your comments
• BLM claim fees rise
• Critical minerals bill
• Sage-grouse habitat
Alaska Governor Sean Parnell has ordered an investigation of the recent raids, saying he will not tolerate a state agency's participation in the sort of conduct displayed.
- EPA declines to impose additional regulations and financial requirements on hardrock miners
- “Baffling” ruling in suction gold dredging court case
• Oregon passes SB 838
• Meanwhile, in California
NOI or POO for small backhoe
• More roadblocks in southern California
• Greater Sage-grouse withdrawals
The Bawl Mill • Can't We Just Do Something? • Ask The Experts—14-day camping limit • Explosives and Mining • Mother Lode Leaf Gold • Dredging The Outside Bend • A Good Start • WWII Vet & Prospector Still Going Strong • Nevada Gold Value Up Along With Production • 2011 National Mining Hall of Fame Inductees • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices