Can't We Just Do Something?
July 2011 by Chris RalphWe know we lack critical minerals. We know the causes. We know the need. We have the knowledge we need right now. Why can’t we just take action and fix the problem?
• Good news on EPA regs
• California rewards key appointment to dredging foe
• Republicans seek to block creation of National Monuments
• Zimbabwe threatens seizure of mining rights
• Bills introduced to stop federal management of greater sage grouse
• WOTUS under review
• Congressional Review Act
• Resolution Copper project moves closer to fruition in Arizona
• Lawsuits galore
• Suction dredging saga continues
• HR 1937 to streamline permitting, remove obstacles to miners
• Sage-grouse debate continues
• More National Monuments
The fire started early October 4, destroying the Bureau of Land Management office on the edge of town within minutes.
- PLF sues over critical habitat
- Attorney General ends EPA slush fund
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts—14-day camping limit • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Explosives and Mining • Mother Lode Leaf Gold • Dredging The Outside Bend • A Good Start • WWII Vet & Prospector Still Going Strong • Nevada Gold Value Up Along With Production • 2011 National Mining Hall of Fame Inductees • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices