Can't We Just Do Something?
July 2011 by Chris RalphWe know we lack critical minerals. We know the causes. We know the need. We have the knowledge we need right now. Why can’t we just take action and fix the problem?
• State attorneys claim the Court of Appeals wrongly relied on South Dakota Mining Association v. Lawrence County regarding federal preemption...
• Good news on EPA regs
• California rewards key appointment to dredging foe
• Republicans seek to block creation of National Monuments
• Zimbabwe threatens seizure of mining rights
On November 30, 2015, the Galice Mining District (with the support of the Waldo Mining District), along with several Oregon mining associations and individuals, filed a Motion for Summary Judgment against the State of Oregon and SB 838...
During discussions with other property rights advocates and members of the current administration, Karen Budd-Falen’s name was mentioned many times as a possible director for the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).
• BLM is moving back to DC?
• Gray wolf re-listed?
• EPA to redefine WOTUS again
• Biden’s incoming administration has green agenda
• Habitat definition finalized
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts—14-day camping limit • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Explosives and Mining • Mother Lode Leaf Gold • Dredging The Outside Bend • A Good Start • WWII Vet & Prospector Still Going Strong • Nevada Gold Value Up Along With Production • 2011 National Mining Hall of Fame Inductees • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices