Suction Dredging Update for California & Idaho
May 2011 by Scott Harn
• Show of support needed for anti-EPA bills
• Arizona mining data now online
• California suction dredge hearings
• Update on Forest Service abuse in Washington
Because the old timers were so good at locating the better paying deposits—most of them along clay seams in this particular area—it makes good sense to try and locate these clay lines at old mining sites.
The approval, which affects 87 acres on the south end of Silver City, allows the company to move forward with exploration to determine the area's mining potential.
- Administration issues proposals to fix mining access and permitting
- Online “webinar” and request for comments for proposed Forest Service NEPA revisions
Somehow the Bureau of Land Management seems to have forgotten that they work for the people.
• Positive bill passes House
• Anti-mining bill dies in Washington State
• SB 637
• Public land users cry "fowl"
The Bawl Mill • Why Haven't They Mined This Claim? • Ask The Experts—Where can I find information on the Abby mine? • Ask The Experts—Is it possible for a mountain range to have good lode gold deposits and yet the area streams not carrying like deposits of gold? • Ask The Experts—How do you amend a placer claim? • Ask The Experts—What happened to the BLM web site geocommunicator.gov? • The Ups and Downs of Geologic Faults • Fountain of Youth Gold • Legislative and Regulatory Update • The Disappearance of State Mining Departments • The Golden Streams of Butte County, California • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices