Judge to Decide Regarding Release of Records
July 2000 by Associated PressThe state Department of Environmental Quality asked a judge to decide whether the agency can disclose documents about the financial condition of a mining company facing a fine.
• Credit card abuse is sky high...
• Expensive new bill
• Senators reward themselves with another raise
Eleven year old Josh Evans’ words said it for all of us at the rally: “Finding gold is really fun!”
• Forest chief asks Norton to end Oregon mining moratorium
• DOI orders review of "science" used in Klamath Basin decisions
• BLM Launches EIS for Conservation and Restoration of BLM Public Lands in Western U.S.
• Fish & Wildlife service approach to critical habitat ruled unlawful in Arizona case
If the goal of the September 11 terrorists was to inflict maximum damage on the American psyche as well as American economy, they could hardly have picked a better target than the twin towers of the World Trade Center (WTC).
An article entitled “BLM Swindles War Hero Out of Gold Mine,” authored by Robert Boatman, appeared in our September 2002 issue. The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) was unable to provide comment on the article at the time.
• Three strikes and you're out!
• Your share of the National Debt
• April 15 wasn't just the deadline for taxpayers
Rare earth metals are critically important to many forms of modern technology, including most green energy saving applications, computers, televisions, and a number of military defense systems.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Mine Market / Circulation Manager Returns to High School • A Word from the Editor • GOP Chairmen Ask Gore to Recuse Himself From Roadless Plan • Treasure Hunters Abound in Greece • Hope Boy Finds Gem During Field Trip • Deadly Explosion Ruled Accidental • Canyon Resources Offers to Sell Mineral Rights • Four Miners Die in Mine Accidents in Ukraine • GPS Speeds Filing of Claims in Alaska • 15th, 16th Century Coins Found in Romania • Miners Attend Meeting in Myrtle Point, Oregon • Picks & Pans: Detecting in Kauai, Hawaii • Mannequins Bring "Life" to Mining Museum • The History of Tombstone • Company Notes • Metal Detector Only Requirement for Hunting Treasure • Mystery of the Reed Gold Mine Nuggets • The Colorado Mineral Belt • Millennium of Russian Gold on Display in U.S. • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Looking Back