Deadly Explosion Ruled Accidental
July 2000 by Associated PressA federal investigation shows that the explosion that killed a 42-year-old worker at the Trapper Mine near Craig in August 1999 was an accident.
The National Academy of Sciences released a report on climate change, prepared in response to a request from the White House, that was depicted in the press as an implicit endorsement of the Kyoto Protocol.
• Uncle Sam throws one heck of a party!
• Senator needs to slow down and reconsider his bill
• Your passport may have more mileage than you do
• "...the small miner and prospector has lost one of their greatest friends."
• "As a taxpayer, I have to wonder what kind of fantasy land our government regulatory employees and managers live in."
• " ... this 'batty' line of reasoning was ludicrous."
Gemstones are timeless treasures of beauty. The extraordinary and satiated colors of many gemstones enhance their aesthetic beauty. Gems have been sought for personal adornment since the beginning of time and such minerals...
• Alaska Governor blasts state habitat division
• Laws proposed and reviewed in Washington State
• Comments needed on California's arsenic goals
• New explosives requirements
• Bill introduced to curb ESA abuses
Any good books on mineralized faults and contacts?
The Jerritt Canyon Mine, located in northern Elko County, was abruptly shut down on August 8, and four hundred miners were left wondering what happened.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Mine Market / Circulation Manager Returns to High School • A Word from the Editor • GOP Chairmen Ask Gore to Recuse Himself From Roadless Plan • Treasure Hunters Abound in Greece • Hope Boy Finds Gem During Field Trip • Canyon Resources Offers to Sell Mineral Rights • Four Miners Die in Mine Accidents in Ukraine • GPS Speeds Filing of Claims in Alaska • 15th, 16th Century Coins Found in Romania • Miners Attend Meeting in Myrtle Point, Oregon • Picks & Pans: Detecting in Kauai, Hawaii • Mannequins Bring "Life" to Mining Museum • The History of Tombstone • Company Notes • Metal Detector Only Requirement for Hunting Treasure • Mystery of the Reed Gold Mine Nuggets • The Colorado Mineral Belt • Millennium of Russian Gold on Display in U.S. • Judge to Decide Regarding Release of Records • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Looking Back