Feds Challenge North Idaho Mining Claims
February 2013 by Associated PressFishing, camping and the protection of American Indian artifacts along a 30-mile section of the North Fork of the Clearwater River outweigh the desire of placer miners to search for gold, an attorney representing the US Forest Service said.
"As elected leaders of the State of Alaska, we want you to know that Alaska is open to investment from those who seek to develop our state's natural resources safely and responsibly..."
• NEDC Surrenders in Oregon
• The California saga continues
On October 19, 2015, the Waldo and Galice Mining Districts (of SW Oregon), along with several Oregon mining organizations and individuals, filed a Complaint in the United States District Court in Medford…
We have been playing defense for 100% of the game, and now we are finally playing some offense.
- Administration issues proposals to fix mining access and permitting
- Online “webinar” and request for comments for proposed Forest Service NEPA revisions
Republicans and industry representatives have criticized the administration’s eleventh-hour actions to limit development and promised to seek their reversal once Obama leaves office.
• Oregon's attack on suction gold dredging
• New DOI Director nominated
• More Forest Service restrictions in the works
• California suction gold dredging
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Detecting Old Pocket Diggings • Refractory Gold Processing • Detecting in the Outback • What is a Valid Mineral Discovery? • Over the Fiscal Cliff for Tax Savings • Extracting & Smelting Your Gold • Online Mining Classes Now Available at Mackay • Heavy Sands Mining • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices