State Lends Help to County in Nevada Road Fight
April 2015 by Associated PressNevada’s attorney general for the first time is joining a rural county in a 15-year-old legal battle...
- EPA declines to impose additional regulations and financial requirements on hardrock miners
- “Baffling” ruling in suction gold dredging court case
• Judge orders reconsideration of “bi-state” sage grouse population in California and Nevada
• Environmental groups attempt to reinstate hard rock rule
• More roadblocks in southern California
• Greater Sage-grouse withdrawals
Gold and jade are actually only minor mineral resources for the Northwestern Alaska region as a whole. Modern prospecting has focused more on base metal than precious metal resources.
Mining Districts are the private regulatory authority granted by Congress recognized to regulate the mineral lands held by the United States and for the disposal to citizens of the United States, by means of development and potentially perfected by patent.
- Welcome changes in Washington, DC
- Giving power back to the people
- Property rights advocate in running for top BLM spot
- “Draining the swamp” at Interior
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Exploring Snakehead • One of the Richest Beaches Ever Mined • Prospecting for Gold in Baja California • What's All This Talk About Mining Districts? • The Power of Mining Districts • What is a Mining Right? • The Gold, Silver and Base Metal Mines of Eureka, Nevada • Jadeite in California • Tips for Detecting Nugget Patches • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver • Utah Approves funds to Fight Feds