Legislative and Regulatory Update
April 2018 by Scott Harn
- Proposed budget for EPA
- California SB 1222
- 640 million acres and counting
- Gold and silver bullion
• Idaho miners will challenge new EPA permit at rally
• California proposes to amend definition of a suction dredge
• Proposed rule redefines "navigable waters"
Within these districts, some of the roads and trails have been reopened for access, critical habitat designations have been scaled back, and a few Mining Districts were completely removed from proposed withdrawals.
Fishing, camping and the protection of American Indian artifacts along a 30-mile section of the North Fork of the Clearwater River outweigh the desire of placer miners to search for gold, an attorney representing the US Forest Service said.
Washington’s decision to bar new uranium mining near the Grand Canyon and other federal policies on energy and resource issues are barriers holding back Arizona and its residents from prosperity, Governor Jan Brewer told a congressional hearing March 16.
• EPA investigated for environmental ties
• Hundreds of miners show up to rally at Oregon State Capitol
• DOI nominee would be bad for miners
• Critical minerals a priority
• Montana miners win again
• MSHA backs down
• Environmental groups as foreign agents
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - What Do I Look For and How Do I Sample? • Ask The Experts - Prospecting Around Graeagle • Hunting Down Paystreaks • Deep Nuggets From The Strange Little Patch • We’re Still Thinking About It • Springtime Sampling In The High Desert • How to Evaluate Mineral Claims—What to Know Before You Buy • Dredging Safety: Don't Ignore The Warning Signs • Russian Plane Spills 3 Tons of Gold on Runway • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices