Legislative and Regulatory Update
April 2018 by Scott Harn
- Proposed budget for EPA
- California SB 1222
- 640 million acres and counting
- Gold and silver bullion
Nevada’s attorney general for the first time is joining a rural county in a 15-year-old legal battle...
• Battle continues in the "Golden State"
• California Water Board needs your comments
• California suction dredgers had better prepare for battle
- Zinke leaving office
- Property rights triumph over critical habitat says Supreme Court
- Water of the United States
Federal and state regulatory agencies often cite mercury and methyl mercury in our waterways as a major factor for further restrictions on placer mining, and on suction gold dredge mining, in particular. However, these regulatory agencies are minimizing selenium and its neutralizing effects.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - What Do I Look For and How Do I Sample? • Ask The Experts - Prospecting Around Graeagle • Hunting Down Paystreaks • Deep Nuggets From The Strange Little Patch • We’re Still Thinking About It • Springtime Sampling In The High Desert • How to Evaluate Mineral Claims—What to Know Before You Buy • Dredging Safety: Don't Ignore The Warning Signs • Russian Plane Spills 3 Tons of Gold on Runway • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices