Dredge Mining—Current Situation in Idaho
June 2011 by Associated PressTomten concedes the scenario of federal environmental agents swooping in on river dredges near historic mining towns like Idaho City, Rocky Bar or Placerville remains unlikely.
• Congress heading into summer recess
• Maintenance fees due!
• Show of support needed for anti-EPA bills
• Arizona mining data now online
• California suction dredge hearings
• Update on Forest Service abuse in Washington
• Refunds coming to Nevada claimholders
• More wilderness proposed
• Forest Service planning rule
• EPA investigated for environmental ties
• Hundreds of miners show up to rally at Oregon State Capitol
• DOI nominee would be bad for miners
This ruling comes at an opportune time, just as suction dredge miners are dealing with new proposed regulations in several western states. Be sure to cite this case when you provide comments on the regulations!
Have you ever wondered what it is going to take to stop the insanity of politicians and environmental groups from taking away our rights?
• Bills introduced to stop federal management of greater sage grouse
• WOTUS under review
• Congressional Review Act
The Bawl Mill • Fault Zones and Prospects • What Are Those Rocks In My Pan? • "Gold Rush: Alaska" in the Porcupine Mining District • Wyoming's Billion Dollar Nugget—The Trilogy Ends • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices