Dredge Mining—Current Situation in Idaho
June 2011 by Associated PressTomten concedes the scenario of federal environmental agents swooping in on river dredges near historic mining towns like Idaho City, Rocky Bar or Placerville remains unlikely.
• Battle continues in Oregon
• Stop annexation in Southern California
• EPA ignores Supreme Court ruling with new Idaho permit
• Alaska sues Feds to restore access rights
• California dredgers await next big court date
• California dredging update
• Study: Sage grouse does not need protection
• Tennessee enacts harsh new gold prospecting regulations
In other words, just like those that move next to an airport and then complain about the noise, Mr. Riskedahl deliberately went out of his way to “witness and document the effects of suction dredge mining,” and when he found some, he was annoyed by it!
This article may not be as interesting as someone describing a big nugget find in Australia...but right now the biggest obstacle to mining is our government.
Amendment to Deny Funding of BLM Land-Grab
Because September 1 falls on a Sunday this year; and Monday, September 2, is a holiday, the BLM will accept yearly filings through September 3.
The Bawl Mill • Fault Zones and Prospects • What Are Those Rocks In My Pan? • "Gold Rush: Alaska" in the Porcupine Mining District • Wyoming's Billion Dollar Nugget—The Trilogy Ends • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices