Dredge Mining—Current Situation in Idaho
June 2011 by Associated PressTomten concedes the scenario of federal environmental agents swooping in on river dredges near historic mining towns like Idaho City, Rocky Bar or Placerville remains unlikely.
• Forest Service to revisit 228 regulations
• WOTUS Executive Order suspended
There are some miners who are under the impression that an organized Mining District will immediately get the regulatory agencies off their backs so they can start digging or dredging again.
“When dealing with federal agencies...”
• Change is coming at Interior
• Interior Department seeking public comment regarding minerals
- Zinke leaving office
- Property rights triumph over critical habitat says Supreme Court
- Water of the United States
Renewed interest in mining of gold, silver, copper and other metals in Aroostook County's Bald Mountain triggered 2012 legislation requiring the overhaul of the state's two-decade-old mining regulations.
The Bawl Mill • Fault Zones and Prospects • What Are Those Rocks In My Pan? • "Gold Rush: Alaska" in the Porcupine Mining District • Wyoming's Billion Dollar Nugget—The Trilogy Ends • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices