Court: Kennecott Eagle Minerals Application Complete
October 2006 by John FlesherThe Michigan Court of Appeals overturned a lower court ruling that had blocked the state Department of Environmental Quality from deciding whether to issue a permit for a nickel and copper mine in the Upper Peninsula.
PDAC’s (Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada) annual convention held each spring in Toronto, Ontario, Canada is generally regarded as the largest and most impressive annual gathering of the mining industry in the world.
• California Senator proposes locking up 2.5 million acres with "Wildnerness" designation
• Battle over the rights of people versus fish continues in the Klamath Basin
• Sound science or "fairy tales"
First, I want to mention our new website. For over 18 months we’ve been working on a new design to make it easier to find the articles you are most interested in...
• Obama’s parting shots
• California suction dredging
• Oregon follows California’s lead
• Lawsuit coming; bill introduced to stop mining in Washington State
• President Trump halts new federal regulations
The massive 2013 theft, in which tens of millions worth of gems were stolen from the hold of a departing Swiss-bound plane, had all the hallmarks of an “Ocean’s Eleven” operation. And it still might still get a Hollywood ending.
The Bawl Mill • The Plumas Eureka District • California State Gold Panning Championships • Mergers Continue at Record Pace • The Yukon-Klonkide Goldfields—Part II • Foreign Investment Hits More Roadblocks • The Treasure Detective—Part IV The Story of Goldstone Nuggets • Another Uranium Boom in the West • Remote Mining Camps of Yuma County • The Robin Redbreast Lode • Final Buckhorn Mountain Study Released • Melman on Gold & Silver