Remote Mining Camps of Yuma County
October 2006 by Frank Lorey IIIThe remote desert of southwestern Arizona was an attraction only because of the gold and other minerals that were found there. Certainly the weather was not a draw! The early mining days were tough—the mines were a long way from supplies, and hostile Indians made travel in the area extremely dangerous.
…these two guys are part of the new hi-tech generation who review new technologies and are always looking for new ways to apply them in innovative fields!
• “Dole”ing out spam
• Martinis with the Mayor
• FBI is afraid of a mouse
• Politically and fashionably correct
Next, all of silver’s chart action since mid-2011 has taken place under a declining trend line (dotted line), which has held for more than four years. Any trendline of that duration must be taken seriously.
Nevada produces about 75% of all the gold mined in the US. This means that all the other 49 states combined only produce 25%, and this includes California, Alaska and Arizona.
A number of crevices were still waiting to be cleaned out. A lot of the gold remaining in the pit was very fine sized, but a few small nuggets were also recovered.
Sylvester Smith and his younger brother Nathan were among this group who rode and led their Indian ponies, while climbing the rugged Salmon River breaks and rockhewn mountains, looking for a path that would lead them up and over the uncharted wilderness.
The Bawl Mill • The Plumas Eureka District • California State Gold Panning Championships • Mergers Continue at Record Pace • The Yukon-Klonkide Goldfields—Part II • Foreign Investment Hits More Roadblocks • The Treasure Detective—Part IV The Story of Goldstone Nuggets • Another Uranium Boom in the West • Court: Kennecott Eagle Minerals Application Complete • The Robin Redbreast Lode • Final Buckhorn Mountain Study Released • Melman on Gold & Silver