Legislative and Regulatory Update
July 2021 by Scott Harn
• Actions speak louder than words
• Biden nominee for BLM director has ties to eco-terrorist groups
“We feel that we can clean up an area that has been abandoned after 100 years of mining,” Lyon said.
- Reminder: Annual claim fees due September 1, 2017
- Update on California suction gold dredging
• Comment deadlines approaching for frog listings and habitat
• EPA seeks more control
• Comments due in Washington
• California dredging moratorium
• PLF sues to delist polar bear
• Congress deals with other priorities
• Alaska miners get relief on state lands
• Nevada proposal to cap tax deductions for mining businesses stalls
• NEPA gets a much needed update
• Army Corps to release review of Pebble Mine
The ESA has become an unwieldy beast that was hijacked by government agencies run amok, and by extreme environmental groups who saw it as a way to lock up public lands and to generate income through exaggerated claims and continuous lawsuits.
We definitely got their undivided attention with our presentations. As a direct result of our presentations, the Desert Advisory Council recommended a Memorandum of Understanding be put together between the council and the Rand Mining District. This MOU was recently completed.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - What percentage of the gold price can I get from a buyer? • Ask The Experts - Is a hookah battery setup legal in California? • Ask The Experts - Are friends and relatives regulated like employees? • Ask The Experts - What do you use for flux for melting gold? • Ask The Experts - Why Isn't There A Dual Coil Detector? • Ask The Experts - Who has the rights to a vein that goes under a neighboring claim? • Ask The Experts - Is platinum usually magnetic? • Ten Detecting Tips for the Savvy Desert Prospector • All About Hard Rock Drills • Gold Prospecting for Better or Worse: When a Gold Prospector Goes to a Diamond Mine • Why So Much Gold in Nevada? • A Golden Past • Fire Assay Finish by Silver Nitrate Fusion for PGMs • Do Gold Nuggets Come Out At Night? • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices