Oregon's Waldo and Galice Mining Districts Unite
September 2016 by Sarah BohmkerWe ask that all who attend this demonstration bring their mining equipment to display and actively talk with the attending public in a courteous fashion about the benefits of suction dredging…
After many decades of closures, land-use restrictions, and over-regulation, miners and all other public land users may finally see some real relief due to the efforts of MMAC.
The 100-yard restriction in SB838 actually applies to all motorized mining for the purpose of extracting gold, silver or any other precious metal that results in the disturbance of vegetation.
Minerals and Mining Advisory Council (MMAC) founder Joe Martori met with Jim Scrivner, the Bureau of Land Management Deputy State Director of Energy and Minerals in Sacramento, California...
• Forest Service proposes next step in Agenda 21
• 9th Circuit deals blow to small miners
• Comment period extended for frog habitat
• Tennessee permits for gold prospecting
• California dredging injunction and restraining order hearing
• More roadblocks in southern California
• Greater Sage-grouse withdrawals
- New Deputy Secretary of Interior
- Case against dredger allowed to proceed
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts: Is there a safe DIY alternative to cyanide or mercury for extraction? • Ask The Experts: Should I take my claim access problems to the Desert Advisory Council? • Ask The Experts: How do I identify gold in hard rock that may be mixed with other metals? • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Pickers and Nuggets • Modern-Day Claim Jumping • Attention to Detail - Part II • The Seven Troughs Mining District • CA Supreme Court Rules Against Rinehart - But There Is A Solution • Summertime Gold Panning • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices
MMAC & PLP Update