Legislative and Regulatory Update
August 2011 by Scott Harn• California suction dredging
• House shows support for public land use
• Idaho continues toward elimination of EPA suction dredging regulations
• EPA makes preemptive strike against Alaska mine
• Proposed Mines Act permit fees
This will provide the opportunity to meet with many of the members of Congress in a more informal setting at several meetings, luncheons and dinners. And we have been offered the chance to meet with President Trump’s staff.
• Judge orders reconsideration of “bi-state” sage grouse population in California and Nevada
• Environmental groups attempt to reinstate hard rock rule
The legislators soon came to the realization that Mining Districts and our proposed bill can solve many of the problems they currently face in their home states.
• Idaho maintains control
• Enough wilderness already
• Restraining the EPA
• Republicans on the attack
• DOI requests hard rock royalty
• New Forest Service plans
• Bill supporting small miners
• New mercury emission regs
• Latest info on California suction dredging
You have made your presence known with the BLM or Forest Service, placed Mining District signs along the entrance points to your district, and found support with other local miners. But how do you gain popular support?
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts—Studies with summaries and conclusions please... • Ask The Experts—What's the cheapest way to mine quartz for gold? • Which Specific Gravity Test Works Best? • Critical Minerals: Gold • Jury: Gov't Rightfully Seized 1933 Gold Coins • So Where's The Gold? • Wyoming's Billion Dollar Nugget—The Trilogy Ends • When Legends Were Made and Fortunes Found • Exploring and Mining for Uranium • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices