Update: People v. Rinehart
July 2016 by Scott HarnThe law is on our side, but we’ve seen some crazy rulings coming out of courtrooms lately. I believe Rinehart will win his case, but then we move on to the State Water Resources Control Board.
• Extremist groups are at it again
• No more sales tax on precious metals in Tennessee
In May 2017, the district participated in a meeting with representatives from several state and federal agencies where they educated agency officials about the authority of Mining Districts, Mining Law and miner’s rights.
Is there any hope for a solution? Yes, there is, and we’ve been working with Public Lands for the People, the Minerals and Mining Advisory Council, attorney James Buchal and others on that solution.
• Obama’s parting shots
• California suction dredging
• Oregon follows California’s lead
• Lawsuit coming; bill introduced to stop mining in Washington State
• President Trump halts new federal regulations
The ESA has become an unwieldy beast that was hijacked by government agencies run amok, and by extreme environmental groups who saw it as a way to lock up public lands and to generate income through exaggerated claims and continuous lawsuits.
• Forest Service proposes next step in Agenda 21
• 9th Circuit deals blow to small miners
Public Lands for the People is working on a Miner's Bill of Rights with the support of several members of Congress.
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Australian Gold Adventure • A New Method for Handling Stubborn Gravity Middlings • The Essence of Gold Prospecting • Jim Madden's Gold • MMAC & PLP Update • The PATH to Tax Savings • Just One More Time • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices