MMAC & PLP Update
July 2016 by Scott Harn…what I’d like to focus on in this update is the assistance they provided to a suction gold dredger in Idaho being harassed by an environmental group.
Mr. Hughes was obviously shaken by our interaction and we are quite confident he assumed we were all missing teeth, long-haired, uneducated, backwoods miners who would immediately become submissive. That didn’t happen...
• Congress deals with other priorities
• Alaska miners get relief on state lands
• Good news on EPA regs
• California rewards key appointment to dredging foe
• Republicans seek to block creation of National Monuments
• Zimbabwe threatens seizure of mining rights
Even if the California Supreme Court had ruled in favor of Rinehart, suction dredge miners would be facing the wrath of the State Water Resources Control Board...
We are in the planning stages for our next trip to DC. Clark and I are looking at returning after the mid-term elections, probably around the end of November or early December, to continue discussions with members of Congress…
• Hike in mining claim fees
• Hearing on suction gold dredging in California
• Interior wants mining reform
…what I’d like to focus on in this update is the assistance they provided to a suction gold dredger in Idaho being harassed by an environmental group.
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Australian Gold Adventure • A New Method for Handling Stubborn Gravity Middlings • The Essence of Gold Prospecting • Jim Madden's Gold • The PATH to Tax Savings • Just One More Time • Update: People v. Rinehart • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices