MMAC & PLP Update
July 2016 by Scott Harn…what I’d like to focus on in this update is the assistance they provided to a suction gold dredger in Idaho being harassed by an environmental group.
Tomten concedes the scenario of federal environmental agents swooping in on river dredges near historic mining towns like Idaho City, Rocky Bar or Placerville remains unlikely.
• California suction dredging
• House shows support for public land use
In the meeting, we presented Ms. Skalski with the various court cases from the 9th Circuit Court on these settled law cases and she was mortified.
- Some mining claim fees increase
- Oregon miners file appeal
- US Fish & Wildlife law enforcement policing powers restrained
• Sheriff withdraws Forest Service law enforcement authority
• BLM to raise fees again
• Roadless Rule stands
• Suit filed over dredging restrictions in Washington State
• NWMA lends support
• California suction gold dredging lawsuits progressing
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Australian Gold Adventure • A New Method for Handling Stubborn Gravity Middlings • The Essence of Gold Prospecting • Jim Madden's Gold • The PATH to Tax Savings • Just One More Time • Update: People v. Rinehart • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices