MMAC & PLP Update
July 2016 by Scott Harn…what I’d like to focus on in this update is the assistance they provided to a suction gold dredger in Idaho being harassed by an environmental group.
We spent the morning in a meeting with one of the higher-ups at the US Forest Service. I presented him with 412 complaints received from our readers, along with a summary of the complaints to make his job easier.
• Governors push back on Biden’s public lands acquisition plan
• More roadblocks in southern California
• Greater Sage-grouse withdrawals
• Some positives in spending bill
• Judge puts brakes on the EPA in Alaska
• Judge to rule in favor of suction gold dredgers
…I’ll be heading back to Washington, DC, on June 4 with Clark Pearson of PLP for nearly a week of meetings with the Mine Safety and Health Administration, US Forest Service, Environmental Protection Agency, and numerous members of Congress in both the House and Senate.
Many miners have failed to exercise their rights by using the power of their Mining Districts and laws that are already on the books, such as 43 CFR 9712.1, which states…
• "Recreational" mining bills in Washington State
• Three more national monuments
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Australian Gold Adventure • A New Method for Handling Stubborn Gravity Middlings • The Essence of Gold Prospecting • Jim Madden's Gold • The PATH to Tax Savings • Just One More Time • Update: People v. Rinehart • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices