MMAC & PLP Update
July 2016 by Scott Harn…what I’d like to focus on in this update is the assistance they provided to a suction gold dredger in Idaho being harassed by an environmental group.
• "Recreational" mining bills in Washington State
• Three more national monuments
Rather than using the practice of government seizure of private property to promote economic development, the county is using it to preserve open space.
• More roadblocks in southern California
• Greater Sage-grouse withdrawals
They cited concerns that the Trump administration would allow more logging, oil drilling, mining or development on some of the 46 million acres controlled by the federal government in California.
• Idaho maintains control
• Enough wilderness already
• Restraining the EPA
• Republicans on the attack
• DOI requests hard rock royalty
• New Forest Service plans
• Bill supporting small miners
• New mercury emission regs
• Latest info on California suction dredging
Hennis claims that months later and without his permission, the EPA built a $2.3 million water treatment facility on the property and the agency continues treating water and storing waste there.
- Reminder: Annual claim fees due September 1, 2017
- Update on California suction gold dredging
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Australian Gold Adventure • A New Method for Handling Stubborn Gravity Middlings • The Essence of Gold Prospecting • Jim Madden's Gold • The PATH to Tax Savings • Just One More Time • Update: People v. Rinehart • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices