Legislative and Regulatory Update
December 2014 by Scott Harn• Court says ESA does not apply in some cases
• Comments needed for proposed critical habitat in several Western states
• EPA still trying to rewrite the Clean Water Act
• Enough already!
• Now is the time to act
• Actions speak louder than words
• Biden nominee for BLM director has ties to eco-terrorist groups
- Some mining claim fees increase
- Oregon miners file appeal
- US Fish & Wildlife law enforcement policing powers restrained
Alaska Governor Sean Parnell has ordered an investigation of the recent raids, saying he will not tolerate a state agency's participation in the sort of conduct displayed.
Logging on federal land plummeted—over 84% since the 1980s. And that management tool was replaced with—nothing.
- Property rights advocate in running for top BLM spot
- “Draining the swamp” at Interior
He certainly wasn’t afraid of a fight or a court battle, and he didn’t back away from calling out those who tried to compromise the rights of miners.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Uncovering the Find of a Lifetime • Suction Dredging Battle Escalates • Guinea Africa: Gold, Ebola, and a Monkey Barbecue • Finding Gold in Tailing Piles • Small-Scale Processing of Hard Rock Ores • 2014 Index - Annual Tables of Content • Why Did This Silver Mine Close? - Pt III • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices