Legislative and Regulatory Update
December 2014 by Scott Harn• Court says ESA does not apply in some cases
• Comments needed for proposed critical habitat in several Western states
• EPA still trying to rewrite the Clean Water Act
• Enough already!
• Now is the time to act
• New, damning revelations about Biden nominee to head BLM
Keep in mind there are specific steps that must be taken to get your traditional mining district organized if it has fallen into disarray.
• Oregon's attack on suction gold dredging
• New DOI Director nominated
• More Forest Service restrictions in the works
• California suction gold dredging
We can’t say it wasn’t expected. The California Department of Fish & Game released revised suction gold dredging regulations on February 17, 2012, and it’s obvious the agency wants to make life as difficult as possible for dredgers.
Somehow the Bureau of Land Management seems to have forgotten that they work for the people.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Uncovering the Find of a Lifetime • Suction Dredging Battle Escalates • Guinea Africa: Gold, Ebola, and a Monkey Barbecue • Finding Gold in Tailing Piles • Small-Scale Processing of Hard Rock Ores • 2014 Index - Annual Tables of Content • Why Did This Silver Mine Close? - Pt III • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices