Legislative and Regulatory Update
December 2014 by Scott Harn• Court says ESA does not apply in some cases
• Comments needed for proposed critical habitat in several Western states
• EPA still trying to rewrite the Clean Water Act
• Enough already!
• Now is the time to act
• Increase in claim fees
• Impact of recent elections
• Current suction gold dredging status in California
• Parks in Southern California
Alaska Governor Sean Parnell has ordered an investigation of the recent raids, saying he will not tolerate a state agency's participation in the sort of conduct displayed.
Bottom line for you fellow miners: file your claims now in these areas or risk being forever locked out!
• Another setback for Twin Metals
• US Supreme Court to review case that challenges WOTUS
- Reminder: Annual claim fees due September 1, 2017
- Update on California suction gold dredging
• Big banks penalized for rigging gold price
• Mining royalties excluded from reconciliation bill
- Bishop and Curtis seek to rein in Antiquities Act abuses
- Lands bill signed by President Trump
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Uncovering the Find of a Lifetime • Suction Dredging Battle Escalates • Guinea Africa: Gold, Ebola, and a Monkey Barbecue • Finding Gold in Tailing Piles • Small-Scale Processing of Hard Rock Ores • 2014 Index - Annual Tables of Content • Why Did This Silver Mine Close? - Pt III • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices