PLP and MMAC Update
March 2018 by Scott Harn
Minerals and Mining Advisory Council (MMAC) founder Joe Martori met with Jim Scrivner, the Bureau of Land Management Deputy State Director of Energy and Minerals in Sacramento, California...
• Sheriff withdraws Forest Service law enforcement authority
SB 765...would tax suction gold dredgers by charging a $50 annual fee for in-state dredgers and a whopping $2,500 fee for out-of-state dredgers for each county where the miner intends to dredge.
As a plaintiff in one of the lawsuits, I’m not allowed to talk about specifics in the court-ordered negotiations currently underway in San Bernardino. However, I do want to let you know we are making progress…
A proposed constitutional amendment to raise the cap on mining taxes can proceed as written, a state judge ruled March 14.
- Massive 660-page lands bill passed in the Senate
• Backdoor Wild Lands order
• PLP reports on latest dredge lawsuit
• Massive lands bill avoided
• No cap and trade for now
• RS-2477 rights affirmed
• Court says ESA does not apply in some cases
• Comments needed for proposed critical habitat in several Western states
• EPA still trying to rewrite the Clean Water Act
• Enough already!
• Now is the time to act
The Bawl Mill • The Wild Rush To Find More Cobalt—Part II • Trash! A Hindrance Or Hot Spot For Hidden Gold? • Rare Silver Nuggets And Their Origins • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Re-Opening Nevada’s Relief Canyon Mine • New Rules For Taxing Pass-Through Income • Sulfides and Intergrain Gold Wire Nuggets • Man Who Died In Yellowstone In 2017 Was Looking For Hidden Treasure • $50 Million in Gold From 1857 Shipwreck Approved for Sale • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices