PLP and MMAC Update
March 2018 by Scott Harn
Minerals and Mining Advisory Council (MMAC) founder Joe Martori met with Jim Scrivner, the Bureau of Land Management Deputy State Director of Energy and Minerals in Sacramento, California...
• Backdoor Wild Lands order
• PLP reports on latest dredge lawsuit
• Massive lands bill avoided
• No cap and trade for now
• RS-2477 rights affirmed
• Idaho miners will challenge new EPA permit at rally
• California proposes to amend definition of a suction dredge
• Proposed rule redefines "navigable waters"
• Our Federal Landlord
• One down, two to go
• Challenging timing windows in Washington State
• More roadblocks to mining
We ask that all who attend this demonstration bring their mining equipment to display and actively talk with the attending public in a courteous fashion about the benefits of suction dredging…
- DOI to address threatened species
- 141 Confirmations still pending
- California withdrawals canceled
The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) issued emergency rules without public comment just prior to our publication deadline.
The Bawl Mill • The Wild Rush To Find More Cobalt—Part II • Trash! A Hindrance Or Hot Spot For Hidden Gold? • Rare Silver Nuggets And Their Origins • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Re-Opening Nevada’s Relief Canyon Mine • New Rules For Taxing Pass-Through Income • Sulfides and Intergrain Gold Wire Nuggets • Man Who Died In Yellowstone In 2017 Was Looking For Hidden Treasure • $50 Million in Gold From 1857 Shipwreck Approved for Sale • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices