Legislative and Regulatory Update
March 2018 by Scott Harn
• Change is coming at Interior
• Interior Department seeking public comment regarding minerals
On October 19, 2015, the Waldo and Galice Mining Districts (of SW Oregon), along with several Oregon mining organizations and individuals, filed a Complaint in the United States District Court in Medford…
“We feel that we can clean up an area that has been abandoned after 100 years of mining,” Lyon said.
• Refunds coming to Nevada claimholders
• More wilderness proposed
• Forest Service planning rule
- PLF sues over critical habitat
- Attorney General ends EPA slush fund
An Assembly panel approved a measure to repeal the constitutional tax cap on net proceeds paid by mining companies in Nevada.
A federal judge has tossed a lawsuit filed by opponents of a Tucson-area mine that had accused the US Forest Service of violating two federal laws in its handling of the mine issue.
• No Adventure Pass needed
• Supreme Court of Canada rules on aboriginal title claims
• No agreement reached in suction gold dredge permitting case
The Bawl Mill • The Wild Rush To Find More Cobalt—Part II • Trash! A Hindrance Or Hot Spot For Hidden Gold? • Rare Silver Nuggets And Their Origins • Re-Opening Nevada’s Relief Canyon Mine • PLP and MMAC Update • New Rules For Taxing Pass-Through Income • Sulfides and Intergrain Gold Wire Nuggets • Man Who Died In Yellowstone In 2017 Was Looking For Hidden Treasure • $50 Million in Gold From 1857 Shipwreck Approved for Sale • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices