Mining Community Loses A Great Leader: Gerald "Jerry" Hobbs
February 2015 by Scott HarnHe certainly wasn’t afraid of a fight or a court battle, and he didn’t back away from calling out those who tried to compromise the rights of miners.
• Critical minerals obtain national security status
• Idaho to take over EPA permitting
Bottom line for you fellow miners: file your claims now in these areas or risk being forever locked out!
• Nevada miners get reprieve
• Georgia Senate race may set the stage for mining regulations
• New Executive Order on critical minerals
• Interior Department makes adjustments to LWCF
• Additional access restrictions proposed in Arizona
• Oregon senators introduce bill to place state rivers and streams off-limits
To reach this goal, our federal government would need to designate another 45.7 million acres as protected lands every year.
Fishing, camping and the protection of American Indian artifacts along a 30-mile section of the North Fork of the Clearwater River outweigh the desire of placer miners to search for gold, an attorney representing the US Forest Service said.
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Suction Gold Dredge Miners Win On Federal Preemption • Metal Detector Testing Methods • The Silver, Gold and Gemstones of Candelaria, Nevada • Mining for Non-Geologists Field Trip Offered by GSN • Gold in The Silver Crown District, Wyoming • Prospecting for Surface Flood Gold Placers on Low and Intermediate Gradient Streams • Introduction to Meteorites • Money In, Money Out • Melman on Gold & Silver