Mining Community Loses A Great Leader: Gerald "Jerry" Hobbs
February 2015 by Scott HarnHe certainly wasn’t afraid of a fight or a court battle, and he didn’t back away from calling out those who tried to compromise the rights of miners.
• IBLA rules against miner for "late" filing
• Wyoming appeals roadless decision
• Mercury reduction program slated for California
• Oregon wilderness
• Oregon miner prevails in lawsuit against Forest Service and District Ranger
• Canada pulls out of Kyoto Climate Treaty
Under the previous administration, the EPA declared the ditch was a federally-protected waterway, and Robertson needed a federal permit under the Clean Water Act.
• Positive bill passes House
• Anti-mining bill dies in Washington State
• Idaho continues toward elimination of EPA suction dredging regulations
• EPA makes preemptive strike against Alaska mine
• Proposed Mines Act permit fees
Minerals and Mining Advisory Council (MMAC) founder Joe Martori met with Jim Scrivner, the Bureau of Land Management Deputy State Director of Energy and Minerals in Sacramento, California...
• Nevada proposal to cap tax deductions for mining businesses stalls
• NEPA gets a much needed update
• Army Corps to release review of Pebble Mine
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Suction Gold Dredge Miners Win On Federal Preemption • Metal Detector Testing Methods • The Silver, Gold and Gemstones of Candelaria, Nevada • Mining for Non-Geologists Field Trip Offered by GSN • Gold in The Silver Crown District, Wyoming • Prospecting for Surface Flood Gold Placers on Low and Intermediate Gradient Streams • Introduction to Meteorites • Money In, Money Out • Melman on Gold & Silver