Mining Community Loses A Great Leader: Gerald "Jerry" Hobbs
February 2015 by Scott HarnHe certainly wasn’t afraid of a fight or a court battle, and he didn’t back away from calling out those who tried to compromise the rights of miners.
- Interior Department reigns in “sue and settle”
- Comments needed on Forest Service Part 228 regulations
- Massive 660-page lands bill passed in the Senate
• California dredging update
• Study: Sage grouse does not need protection
• Tennessee enacts harsh new gold prospecting regulations
To reach this goal, our federal government would need to designate another 45.7 million acres as protected lands every year.
• Lawsuits galore
• Suction dredging saga continues
• HR 1937 to streamline permitting, remove obstacles to miners
• Sage-grouse debate continues
• More National Monuments
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Suction Gold Dredge Miners Win On Federal Preemption • Metal Detector Testing Methods • The Silver, Gold and Gemstones of Candelaria, Nevada • Mining for Non-Geologists Field Trip Offered by GSN • Gold in The Silver Crown District, Wyoming • Prospecting for Surface Flood Gold Placers on Low and Intermediate Gradient Streams • Introduction to Meteorites • Money In, Money Out • Melman on Gold & Silver