Our Readers Say
February 2009 by Staff• Steve Hicks describes how he received valuable help from Public lands for the People in his recent court win.
• Dr. Ralph Pray expands on a recent article on the Ortiz Mountains.
If there was one word that characterized news events of the past month it was “uncertainty.” Would the United States hand over the government of Iraq to the newly-installed leadership? Would the Fed at long last raise interest rates, and, if so, by how much? Would the new pattern of sabotage against oil pipelines in Iraq...
• "...too many take the easy way out..."
• " Gold in Arkansas" was especially helpful to me.
• "No surprises" ruled restored
• Supreme Court to address submerged lands in Alaska
• Governors say reform the ESA
• Miners need to stay involved in each state
• Norton treasures environment but environmentalists worry
• From the National Forest Service
• Suit Filed Against Roadless Initiative
• New EPA rules restrict ombudsman
• Forest Service Sierra Nevada plan is even opposed by Feinstein
• Transparently bogus website
• Top lawyer hits bottom
• The wait at the DMV just got a lot longer
• Department of Tax Evasion
The Bawl Mill • Oldest Journal Contest - The Winners • The St. Louis Gold District • Mining Boom May Be In Store For Upper Michigan • Mining Gold Near Elk Creek, Oregon • East Coast Dredger Heads West - Part II • Lost Canyon • High Court to Rule on Kensington Tailings • Prospecting in Tennessee • A Warning About Mercury • NovaGold Resources Receives Lifeline • Jerritt Canyon Mill May Reopen • Looking Back • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes, Mineral & Metal Prices