The Bawl Mill
February 2009 by Staff• Before you invest your savings, ask to see their hands...
• Actual tax tips from the IRS for tax year 2008
• Maybe they thought the budget deadline was 2009?
Almost 200 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada, Gold Point was developed initially as a gold mining community in 1868. Like most mining camps, it experienced a typical boom-to-bust cycle, and by 1882, Gold Point was clearly on its way to becoming just another abandoned ghost town.
• Inter-department letter, Forest Supervisor to Regional Forester seeks assistance in segregating a significant area of the San Bernardino National Forest from mineral entry.
• Conservation and Reinvestment Act (CARA) stopped in Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee
• Forest Service meetings on Roadless Initiative have ended and the comment period closed December 20, but we have been advised that the public will have another opportunity for input.
• On November 8, the BLM held a hearing in Placerville, California, regarding withdrawal of 3,368.85 acres of public land along the South Fork of the American River.
On a similar vein, while the number of new non-farm jobs created rose by a modest 156,000 in September, it must be pointed out that Goods Production Payrolls rose by only 10,000 jobs while much lower paying service jobs accounted for the other 146,000.
America’s premier source of strategic REEs were regulated out of business and 300 employees lost their jobs. For almost fifteen years America has been dependent on the communist Chinese cartel.
Carbon, activated charcoal, or “char,” as some old timers refer to it, can be an assayer’s nightmare.
Mexico has a lengthy history of mining and one of the regions most associated with that activity is Durango State in the north-central part of the country.
- Budd-Falen in line to become next director at BLM
- Ten national monuments slated for changes or reductions
- California adds another fee
Our Readers Say • Oldest Journal Contest - The Winners • The St. Louis Gold District • Mining Boom May Be In Store For Upper Michigan • Mining Gold Near Elk Creek, Oregon • East Coast Dredger Heads West - Part II • Lost Canyon • High Court to Rule on Kensington Tailings • Prospecting in Tennessee • A Warning About Mercury • NovaGold Resources Receives Lifeline • Jerritt Canyon Mill May Reopen • Looking Back • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes, Mineral & Metal Prices