The Bawl Mill
December 1999 by Staff• Gotta Have It, got it!...
• Computer Industry Feeds the Belt Way...
• The pre-game snack of choice at the new Staples Center arena is oysters on the half shell...
The country we were to visit was Burkina Faso, a small country about the same size of my home state of Nevada with about 10 times more people. The second day I was in Africa, we went out to the goldfields for the first time.
• Utah's Kathleen Clarke nominated for top BLM post
• 3809 Regulations—Letter Drive
• Judge rules on Oregon coho salmon
• Norton joins fight against environmentalist lies...
• An idea that is overdue...
• Oh Lord, won’t you buy me a Mercedes Benz?
Can the public take minerals from a mining claim?
Q: Have you guys published any articles on investing? How do I decide where to put my money? Should I choose gold, silver or stocks?
• California dredging update
• Favorable bills in Congress
Over the Divide • Our Readers Say • Desert Phone Trashed • ICMJ Elected Prospecting Magazine of 1999 • Advertising Manager Leaving ICMJ • Guest Editorial—California "Special" Dredge Permits in Jeopardy • The Search Continues • Guest Editorial: U.S. Government—Like Nobody's Business • Circulation and Collections Manager Leaving ICMJ • Company Notes • House Chair Requests Records on Forest Decision • BLM Wants to Withdraw South Pass Public Land • Silverton Preserving Lofty Symbol of Mining Era • Hijackers Make Off With 660 Pounds of Gold • Prospecting With a Magnetometer • 1999 Tables of Content • Lighting the Way Underground 1860-1940s • Millie's Tailings • Picks & Pans: Crevicing & Sniping for Placer Gold • Looking Back • Gold in Sonora • Forest Service Boss Quits in Bull Trout Flap • Melman on Gold & Silver • European Gold Miners Seek Clarification Letter • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Squeezing Diamond Into Graphite