Miners Fight Back Against Road Closures
July 2014 by Shannon PoeIn the meeting, we presented Ms. Skalski with the various court cases from the 9th Circuit Court on these settled law cases and she was mortified.
Besides the EPA issue, our major priority is to work on the proposed amendment to the National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act (S 145), a bill proposed in the Senate by US Senator Dean Heller (R-Nevada).
We have learned over the years, of course, that “previous development,” “roadless,” and “local support,” are in the mind of the beholder.
- WOTUS rule finalized
- Reminder on new claim fees
• Idaho continues toward elimination of EPA suction dredging regulations
• EPA makes preemptive strike against Alaska mine
• Proposed Mines Act permit fees
- Interior Department reigns in “sue and settle”
- Comments needed on Forest Service Part 228 regulations
Oregon Senate passes Senate Bill 3
- Proposed budget for EPA
- California SB 1222
- 640 million acres and counting
- Gold and silver bullion
The Bawl Mill • A Return to Silver City, Idaho • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Swing and a Miss • The Giant King Mine • BLM Flexes Its Muscles in Quartzsite • Over the Divide • Romancing the Lens • Gold Recovery with Centrifugal Bowls • Mining on the Comstock Lode • Want to Go to Australia? • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices