Legislative and Regulatory Update
January 2011 by Scott Harn• California suction dredgers had better prepare for battle
• Positive bill passes House
• Anti-mining bill dies in Washington State
- PLF files petition with US Supreme Court on behalf of Oregon miners
- Land and Water Conservation Fund abuse by Forest Service
- Army asks for REE proposals
Q: The nearest access to the claim is a half mile walk, which is tough for a lode claim.
Republicans and industry representatives have criticized the administration’s eleventh-hour actions to limit development and promised to seek their reversal once Obama leaves office.
• US Supreme Court may consider requirements for Notitce of Intent
• Oregon considering mining restrictions
• Latest developments in California suction dredging moratorium
• Spotted owl habitat
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts—Amalgamation • China Gold Imports Increased 500 Percent in 2010 • Tips for Effective Drywashing • The Downieville Gold District • Rattler's Gold • Successful Gold Prospecting • US Mint to Offer Other Precious Metal Coins • The Business of Mining: Unlimited Possibilities With LLCs • Silver Boom Prompts Idaho Mine Expansion • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices