Legislative and Regulatory Update
January 2018 by Scott Harn
- EPA declines to impose additional regulations and financial requirements on hardrock miners
- “Baffling” ruling in suction gold dredging court case
• "Not a pollutant"
• Thank you Senator Sessions
• California suction dredging
• EPA uses secret email accounts
- Bernhardt confirmed
- State of Montana to appeal Rock Creek decision
The legislators soon came to the realization that Mining Districts and our proposed bill can solve many of the problems they currently face in their home states.
• Some good news for a change
• New 49ers win Karuk appeal
• Another Oregon bill of concern
Met by jeers and cheers from more than 1,000 people, US Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) made another pitch to create three new national monuments in the deserts of southern California recently.
• ESA changes for the better
- Bishop and Curtis seek to rein in Antiquities Act abuses
- Lands bill signed by President Trump
The Bawl Mill • California: The Land of Big Nuggets—Part II • How to Interpret Assay Values • Bedrock Nugget Hunting: Tools of the Trade • A Primer on Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies • Gold Hunting on Libby Creek • PLP and MMAC Update • Man's Best Friend • An Interview with Minelab Engineer Mark Lawrie • Third Largest Nugget in Existence Returns to Dallas • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices