Melman on Gold & Silver
April 2010 by Leonard Melman...the Obama Administration continues to grapple with the reality that the number of Americans who are growing disenchanted with government solutions to problems appears to be growing.
How high can gold go? How best to hold it? Questions on gold investment answered.
The most obvious benches are usually near the valley floor, but they can be thousands of feet above the valley floor. Since benches were made by streams, they can contain placer deposits.
Strong Investment Interest and
Steady Demand Cited
Rather than using the practice of government seizure of private property to promote economic development, the county is using it to preserve open space.
A small group of investors led by retired businessman Ray Bohn is trying to revive a remote Idaho gold mine shut down since 1942.
The specter of nuclear war temporarily raised its ugly head last month, which prompted many nations to recall their citizens from both India and Pakistan, and sent shock waves through both the financial and metals markets.
• Look for less federal government land acquisitions in the new budget
• Valley fill ruling overturned
• Two species rejected for listing under ESA
• New Mexico and Montana consider legislation to encourage mining
• Mining, lumber groups seek to eliminate funds for university program
• Backfilling required for new mines in California
• Nevada Congressman named vice chairman of Resources
• Idaho gets deadline extended for bull trout comments
• Murkowski Calls for Resource Assessment on State and Federal Lands
• Comments needed regarding proposal to lock up huge tracts of public land in California
The Bawl Mill • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Using A Trommel For Placer Processing • Prospecting for Hardrock Gold - Part II • Gold in Alaska - Part II • Gold Prospecting in Maine - Part I • Gold Prospecting Is For Ladies, Too • Sage-Grouse Won't Get ESA Listing For Now • How to Find Gold in Hot Ground With A VLF Detector • Oregon County Tries to Interfere With Lawful Mining Operation • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices