Legislative and Regulatory Update
May 2019 by Scott Harn
- Bernhardt confirmed
- State of Montana to appeal Rock Creek decision
We are in the planning stages for our next trip to DC. Clark and I are looking at returning after the mid-term elections, probably around the end of November or early December, to continue discussions with members of Congress…
- Administration issues proposals to fix mining access and permitting
- Online “webinar” and request for comments for proposed Forest Service NEPA revisions
• State attorneys claim the Court of Appeals wrongly relied on South Dakota Mining Association v. Lawrence County regarding federal preemption...
Have you ever wondered what it is going to take to stop the insanity of politicians and environmental groups from taking away our rights?
The one legal entity that can change the game and provide a path and template to protect landowners and public land users across the United States is the miner.
- Bill to limit Antiquities Act
- PLF seeks relief from Endangered Species Act abuses
Those miners present immediately recognized the benefits of becoming members of MMAC and joined up on the spot. I spent some time answering a few questions, and then the miners took over.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - Who owns this historic mill and how do I handle possible mercury contamination? • Ask The Experts - Sampling and assays • The Geology of Diamond Deposits • Keep Watch for The Unexpected • Resurrecting An Old Hard Rock Mine—Gold At Last! • Imagining the Ultimate Prospecting Adventure • Gold Prospecting for Better or Worse: Cold Gold • Gary It's There • Following the Clues • A Generous Lesson on Detecting Bedrock • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices