Legislative and Regulatory Update
May 2019 by Scott Harn
- Bernhardt confirmed
- State of Montana to appeal Rock Creek decision
• US Supreme Court may consider requirements for Notitce of Intent
• Oregon considering mining restrictions
• Latest developments in California suction dredging moratorium
• Spotted owl habitat
• Refunds coming to Nevada claimholders
• More wilderness proposed
• Forest Service planning rule
Alaska Governor Sean Parnell has ordered an investigation of the recent raids, saying he will not tolerate a state agency's participation in the sort of conduct displayed.
Bottom line for you fellow miners: file your claims now in these areas or risk being forever locked out!
During discussions with other property rights advocates and members of the current administration, Karen Budd-Falen’s name was mentioned many times as a possible director for the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).
• Good news on EPA regs
• California rewards key appointment to dredging foe
• Republicans seek to block creation of National Monuments
• Zimbabwe threatens seizure of mining rights
Public Lands for the People is working on a Miner's Bill of Rights with the support of several members of Congress.
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts - Who owns this historic mill and how do I handle possible mercury contamination? • Ask The Experts - Sampling and assays • The Geology of Diamond Deposits • Keep Watch for The Unexpected • Resurrecting An Old Hard Rock Mine—Gold At Last! • Imagining the Ultimate Prospecting Adventure • Gold Prospecting for Better or Worse: Cold Gold • Gary It's There • Following the Clues • A Generous Lesson on Detecting Bedrock • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices