Legislative and Regulatory Update
February 2018 by Scott Harn
• Critical minerals a priority
• Montana miners win again
• MSHA backs down
• Environmental groups as foreign agents
Gold in Minnesota?
On November 30, 2015, the Galice Mining District (with the support of the Waldo Mining District), along with several Oregon mining associations and individuals, filed a Motion for Summary Judgment against the State of Oregon and SB 838...
The fire started early October 4, destroying the Bureau of Land Management office on the edge of town within minutes.
• Pruitt out at EPA
• NDAA still under negotiation
• AMRA’s California mining bill fails to reach floor vote
• Hearing date moved up for preliminary injunction for California suction dredging
• Anti-mining bills in Oregon lead to recall effort
• IBLA rules against miner for "late" filing
• Wyoming appeals roadless decision
• Mercury reduction program slated for California
• Oregon wilderness
• Oregon miner prevails in lawsuit against Forest Service and District Ranger
• Canada pulls out of Kyoto Climate Treaty
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts - Help with an assay report • Ask The Experts - How do you ship uranium samples to a lab? • The Hill of Gold • Bedrock Gold: When It’s There and When It Isn’t • A Primer on Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies—Part II • Mass Wasting & Gold Deposits • The “Push” for Gold—The Great Nevada Adventure Continues • The Wild Rush to Find More Cobalt—Part I • PLP and MMAC Update • The Black Diamond of the Forest • Follow the Line • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices