Legislative and Regulatory Update
February 2018 by Scott Harn
• Critical minerals a priority
• Montana miners win again
• MSHA backs down
• Environmental groups as foreign agents
...Judge Ochoa ordered the parties to participate in mandatory settlement hearings starting June 24, 2014.
• Battle continues in the "Golden State"
• California Water Board needs your comments
NOI or POO for small backhoe
- EPA ends "sue and settle"
- Sage grouse mineral withdrawal cancelled
The petition seeks specific changes to existing Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management regulations to restore the intent of Congress and federal preemption.
- Zinke leaving office
- Property rights triumph over critical habitat says Supreme Court
- Water of the United States
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts - Help with an assay report • Ask The Experts - How do you ship uranium samples to a lab? • The Hill of Gold • Bedrock Gold: When It’s There and When It Isn’t • A Primer on Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies—Part II • Mass Wasting & Gold Deposits • The “Push” for Gold—The Great Nevada Adventure Continues • The Wild Rush to Find More Cobalt—Part I • PLP and MMAC Update • The Black Diamond of the Forest • Follow the Line • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices