Legislative and Regulatory Update
February 2018 by Scott Harn
• Critical minerals a priority
• Montana miners win again
• MSHA backs down
• Environmental groups as foreign agents
• Obama’s parting shots
• California suction dredging
• Oregon follows California’s lead
• Lawsuit coming; bill introduced to stop mining in Washington State
• President Trump halts new federal regulations
We now have supporters who are well known and connected in Washington, DC, and who state they will assist us in bypassing lower level staffers and getting us face-to-face meetings with Senators.
Met by jeers and cheers from more than 1,000 people, US Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) made another pitch to create three new national monuments in the deserts of southern California recently.
• Battle continues in Oregon
• Stop annexation in Southern California
• EPA ignores Supreme Court ruling with new Idaho permit
• Alaska sues Feds to restore access rights
• California dredgers await next big court date
If you do not have the time to read the entire document, I would suggest starting with the Executive Summary that begins on page 80.
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts - Help with an assay report • Ask The Experts - How do you ship uranium samples to a lab? • The Hill of Gold • Bedrock Gold: When It’s There and When It Isn’t • A Primer on Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies—Part II • Mass Wasting & Gold Deposits • The “Push” for Gold—The Great Nevada Adventure Continues • The Wild Rush to Find More Cobalt—Part I • PLP and MMAC Update • The Black Diamond of the Forest • Follow the Line • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices