Tasers and Mining Don't Mix
March 2015 by Shannon PoeFirst, the US Forest Service does not have any authority to enforce or administer any “claim jumping” laws, period.
• Pendley nomination withdrawn but will remain BLM director for now
• Comments needed for Midas Gold project in Idaho
He certainly wasn’t afraid of a fight or a court battle, and he didn’t back away from calling out those who tried to compromise the rights of miners.
We’ve heard from miners in Arizona about federal agencies closing off historic roads that provide access for miners, and we need your input.
• CA Fish & Game Final SEIR
• Positive news from California?
• Still no results in Wisconsin
• Give us back our lands
• Big win by a California suction gold dredger
• Administration locks up another popular gold mining area
• BLM creates de facto wilderness without Congressional approval
• Backdoor Wild Lands order
• PLP reports on latest dredge lawsuit
• Massive lands bill avoided
• No cap and trade for now
• RS-2477 rights affirmed
On November 30, 2015, the Galice Mining District (with the support of the Waldo Mining District), along with several Oregon mining associations and individuals, filed a Motion for Summary Judgment against the State of Oregon and SB 838...
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Just Another Ordinary Weekend • Small-Scale Hard Rock Mining With Water Recycling • The Paragenesis of Gold & Silver Deposits • Getting A Successful Start in Metal Detecting for Gold • Placer Mining At Chititu Creek, Alaska • Gold Rush Continues in Africa • Gold Refining In The Ancient World • Thinking Outside The Creek • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices