Trump Proposes $1.5 Billion to Fund US Uranium Production
March 2020 by Associated Press
US uranium mines produced less than 174,000 pounds in 2019, according to the February Energy Information Administration report. That’s down from 4.9 million pounds in 2014.
- PLF files petition with US Supreme Court on behalf of Oregon miners
- Land and Water Conservation Fund abuse by Forest Service
- Army asks for REE proposals
On Tuesday morning, August 26, 2010, my clients Michael and Linda Backlund were forced to plead guilty to a charge of violating 36 CFR §261.10(b), which criminalizes maintaining a residence on Forest Service land without authorization “when such authorization is required.” This is a new regulation pursuant to which virtually anything, even a tent, is an unlawful “residence” unless authorized in advance.
Oregon Senate passes Senate Bill 3
Recently, a left-leaning Arizona federal judge, James Soto, who is an Obama appointee, shut down a proposed copper mining project for the flimsiest of reasons. He basically disregarded and rewrote federal mining law.
- Administration issues proposals to fix mining access and permitting
- Online “webinar” and request for comments for proposed Forest Service NEPA revisions
• Pruitt out at EPA
• NDAA still under negotiation
• AMRA’s California mining bill fails to reach floor vote
- Interior Department reigns in “sue and settle”
- Comments needed on Forest Service Part 228 regulations
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts -- How do I find the owners of patented property? • Ask The Experts -- Is it worth going after these rare earth minerals? • Ask The Experts -- Will a land mine detector work for gold? • How to Turn Your Gold Finds Into Cash • My First Gold Patch • Caught Between A Hard Rock and A Rare Earth Place • The Potholes—California’s Oldest Known Mining District • Sampling for Success—Part I • Over The Divide: Annie Carol Robinson • Gold Prospecting for Better or Worse: If the RV’s a Rockin’, Please Come a Knockin’ • The Mid-Winter Nugget • Gold In The Midwest—Part III: Iowa, Missouri, and Kansas • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver