Trump Proposes $1.5 Billion to Fund US Uranium Production
March 2020 by Associated Press
US uranium mines produced less than 174,000 pounds in 2019, according to the February Energy Information Administration report. That’s down from 4.9 million pounds in 2014.
• Republican bill would reopen Grand Canyon withdrawal
• Obama recommends additional fees and taxes on miners
BLM stated we had 30 days to amend our claim so that it fit within one 40-acre square or we would forfeit the claim.
• National Strategic and Critical Minerals Production Act
• CA suction dredging update
• Appropriations Bill addresses problems at EPA
• Bad science, worse policy
Mr. Hughes was obviously shaken by our interaction and we are quite confident he assumed we were all missing teeth, long-haired, uneducated, backwoods miners who would immediately become submissive. That didn’t happen...
The $800 million project will provide 300 jobs during production. It will be the only US mine where nickel is the primary targeted mineral, with about 360 million pounds to be extracted.
• Partial win for miners
• California suction dredging
• Feds continue to push for more public lands
• Idaho suction dredging
• Pruitt out at EPA
• NDAA still under negotiation
• AMRA’s California mining bill fails to reach floor vote
The Bawl Mill • Ask The Experts -- How do I find the owners of patented property? • Ask The Experts -- Is it worth going after these rare earth minerals? • Ask The Experts -- Will a land mine detector work for gold? • How to Turn Your Gold Finds Into Cash • My First Gold Patch • Caught Between A Hard Rock and A Rare Earth Place • The Potholes—California’s Oldest Known Mining District • Sampling for Success—Part I • Over The Divide: Annie Carol Robinson • Gold Prospecting for Better or Worse: If the RV’s a Rockin’, Please Come a Knockin’ • The Mid-Winter Nugget • Gold In The Midwest—Part III: Iowa, Missouri, and Kansas • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver