Legislative and Regulatory Update
April 2015 by Scott Harn
- require agencies to choose the least costly option when considering regulations.
- restrict agencies’ use of interim regulations without public comment and provide for a quick judicial review if used.
- require hearings to review the accuracy of data for the most costly regulations.
• Show of support needed for anti-EPA bills
• Arizona mining data now online
• California suction dredge hearings
• Update on Forest Service abuse in Washington
Federal and state regulatory agencies often cite mercury and methyl mercury in our waterways as a major factor for further restrictions on placer mining, and on suction gold dredge mining, in particular. However, these regulatory agencies are minimizing selenium and its neutralizing effects.
Mining Districts are the private regulatory authority granted by Congress recognized to regulate the mineral lands held by the United States and for the disposal to citizens of the United States, by means of development and potentially perfected by patent.
The verdict capped an unusual civil case that combined history, coin collecting and whether the $20 “double eagles” ever legally left the US Mint.
Have you ever wondered what it is going to take to stop the insanity of politicians and environmental groups from taking away our rights?
We definitely got their undivided attention with our presentations. As a direct result of our presentations, the Desert Advisory Council recommended a Memorandum of Understanding be put together between the council and the Rand Mining District. This MOU was recently completed.
• Oregon dredging bill defeated
• California bill would exempt dredgers from permitting
• Possible ESA listing
• Washington State tries to impose more fees on miners
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Ask The Experts • Ask The Experts • Exploring Snakehead • One of the Richest Beaches Ever Mined • Prospecting for Gold in Baja California • What's All This Talk About Mining Districts? • The Power of Mining Districts • What is a Mining Right? • The Gold, Silver and Base Metal Mines of Eureka, Nevada • Jadeite in California • Tips for Detecting Nugget Patches • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • State Lends Help to County in Nevada Road Fight • Melman on Gold & Silver • Utah Approves funds to Fight Feds