Jury: Gov't Rightfully Seized 1933 Gold Coins
August 2011 by Associated PressThe verdict capped an unusual civil case that combined history, coin collecting and whether the $20 “double eagles” ever legally left the US Mint.
More than 100 gold prospectors gathered at Azusa Canyon in the recently declared San Gabriel Mountains National Monument in southern California to voice their concerns…
• Nevada proposal to cap tax deductions for mining businesses stalls
• NEPA gets a much needed update
• Army Corps to release review of Pebble Mine
• Hearing date moved up for preliminary injunction for California suction dredging
• Anti-mining bills in Oregon lead to recall effort
There are a few questions you will need to ask yourself before you apply for a suction dredge permit from the State Water Resources Control Board.
• Bills introduced to stop federal management of greater sage grouse
• WOTUS under review
• Congressional Review Act
I want to stress that this is just the first step to fixing many of the regulatory issues we identified in discussions with the current administration. There will be plenty more to come.
Republican legislators say the funding is necessary to protect state interests...
The Bawl Mill • Our Readers Say • Legislative and Regulatory Update • Ask The Experts—Studies with summaries and conclusions please... • Ask The Experts—What's the cheapest way to mine quartz for gold? • Which Specific Gravity Test Works Best? • Critical Minerals: Gold • So Where's The Gold? • Wyoming's Billion Dollar Nugget—The Trilogy Ends • When Legends Were Made and Fortunes Found • Exploring and Mining for Uranium • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes & Mineral and Metal Prices