Ask the Experts
March 2014 by Chris RalphGold in Minnesota?
• Oregon passes SB 838
• Meanwhile, in California
In May 2017, the district participated in a meeting with representatives from several state and federal agencies where they educated agency officials about the authority of Mining Districts, Mining Law and miner’s rights.
• Lawsuits galore
• Suction dredging saga continues
• HR 1937 to streamline permitting, remove obstacles to miners
• Sage-grouse debate continues
• More National Monuments
• Idaho continues toward elimination of EPA suction dredging regulations
• EPA makes preemptive strike against Alaska mine
• Proposed Mines Act permit fees
• Some good news for a change
• New 49ers win Karuk appeal
• Another Oregon bill of concern
Modoc County, California, is the latest county to use emergency powers to declare a state of emergency in order to take control of roads and trails away from federal agencies.
The Bawl Mill • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Ask the Experts • Prospecting Hard Rock • Reese River Silver Mining District, Nevada • Alaska: Large-Scale Mining Can Be Done Right • Gold of the Iditarod Mining District, Alaska • Bedrock • Natural Gold Alloys • Government Takes Land for Open Space • Comments on Gold Rush and Bering Sea Gold Series • Hidden Value in Old Tailings • Melman on Gold & Silver • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices