Gold in North Dakota
December 2002 by Edgar B. Heylmun, PhDNorth Dakota, 70,704 square miles in area, is situated on the Great Plains, in the geographic center of the North American continent. It is bounded on the north by Canada.
President Bush has said he will nominate a Utah mining consultant to become Assistant Secretary of Labor for Mine Safety and Health (MSHA).
• "...the small miner and prospector has lost one of their greatest friends."
• "As a taxpayer, I have to wonder what kind of fantasy land our government regulatory employees and managers live in."
• " ... this 'batty' line of reasoning was ludicrous."
Gold nuggets and serpentine contacts
Years later I returned with a new detector with a smaller coil and detector technology more sensitive to smaller nuggets. I found my first nugget within five minutes. I had a second five minutes after that.
Tantalum is a refractory metal which is non-toxic, ductile; easily fabricated, has a high melting point, is highly resistant to corrosion and is a good conductor of heat and electricity. It has the unique ability to transmit an alternating current in only one direction.
• California dredging update
• On a related issue, SB 233
• EPA and greenhouse gases
• Judge refuses to grant preliminary injuction to end suction gold dredging moratorium in California
• Proposed listing of Yellow-legged frog and Yosemite Toad in northern California
The Bawl Mill • Original Sixteen-to-One Mine Fights On • Solar-Powered Placer Sampling Equipment • Working the Belmont Mine—1953 (Part 3—Conclusion) • Company Notes • Picks & Pans: Gold and Bears • The North Star Mine • Dectecting Alaskan Gold Nuggets • The Ancient History of Gold • Columbians Continue Search for Emeralds • Mining Stock Quotes and Mineral & Metal Prices • Melman on Gold & Silver